So who has unlimited data and not the crappy new plans

skaman9876

Reaction score
I'm on the unlimited plan with the 20% for actively working for a company that has a contract with Verizon (they actually just purchased them) ;)

Any-who what is this magical $20 credit per line? I have a family share plan with a 4g unlimited bionic and a limited 2gb iPhone. Would really love to bump it up but don't think it's possible. They also will not offer my 20% discount on any of the other two lines. I assume this is standard practice? If anyone else can confirm it'd be greatly appreciated.

captdroid

Reaction score
I have unlimited data when Verizon's network isn't down :D

xandor

Reaction score
I'm on with unlimited which rocks....if 4g was up right now, good thing I'm home with wifi.

OP
juggjiggler69

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Did it work for you PhishyKris

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm on the unlimited plan with the 20% for actively working for a company that has a contract with Verizon (they actually just purchased them) ;)

Any-who what is this magical $20 credit per line? I have a family share plan with a 4g unlimited bionic and a limited 2gb iPhone. Would really love to bump it up but don't think it's possible. They also will not offer my 20% discount on any of the other two lines. I assume this is standard practice? If anyone else can confirm it'd be greatly appreciated.
The plan with the $20 discount per line for the unlimited data was only available for a short period of time about a year ago. I wouldn't have known anything about it except it was posted here on DF. I was fortunate enough to have it added, but it was never publicly released as a plan. It was mostly to be offered as a retention offer at the time. We have 5 lines, 4 of which had a smartphone and my son's line had an old eNV 2 on it, which we still got the $20 discount on. When we bought the iPhone for him for Christmas, activated it, deactivated and put his enV back on, the unlimited code with the $20 discount fell off. It took several phone calls and about a month to finally get that resolved.

Bottom line, read DF for things like this deal a year ago. :)

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I signed up for Verizon a year and a half ago so I have the unlimited 4G. The most I ever used in a billing cycle was 20GB, but that was because I was using tethering when I moved to a new apartment and hadn't set up Internet yet and I watched a bunch of Netflix while I was moving in. Oops. They never came after me for it, probably because I'm usually down around 1-2GB a month.

chris231dkz

Reaction score
Just got a Nexus and still have my unlimited 4G.

So happy to have it, as all my music is now up in cloud versus on the phone, and Netflix looks great on the Gnex.

OP
juggjiggler69

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Hey chris how does that cloud thing work and how do i get it thanks

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd be screwed if I didn't have unlimited data. I've been flashing roms pretty frequently so I don't have concrete numbers - but I'd estimate my usage between 30-40gb since launch day. That's normal usage, not one second of tethering. Google music is my highest offender. At the rate I'm going, I'll be averaging 80-90gb per month. That's just crazy to me - I never considered myself a high data user, but I guess I was wrong.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Unlimited data here since my LG Dare days. No changing a thing for me!! Thank God for grandfathering in!

Sent from my Updated and Rooted Razr sliced thin! :)

MrKleen

Reaction score
Not only are all 5 of my lines grandfathered unlimited... but I pay $10 each for the data plan instead of $30.

$10 instead of $30 each on 5 lines is very helpful!

I got lucky by reading a Droid-Life article about this trial special! $10 unlimited data plans...yipee! As soon as I saw it we called and got on the plan. We also got a couple family members and friends on the plan.

What they do is show the $30 per line then show a $20 discount per line on the bill.

Of course you can no longer get this.

It pays to keep an eye on all the blogs and forums. The free bump from 5 gig to 50 gig on Box yesterday is another good example. Also loaded Zumocast on my Nexus earlier which works great! Thank you Android community!

Last edited:

chadh1

Reaction score
grandfathered in from the original Droid. I get a discount and only pay 23.99, so its nice. Although I haven't come close to 2gb yet.