I got Unlimited Data back on one of my new lines!

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
Will they give the loyalty $10 discount off each data line if I already get a discount from my employer??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

gloveman

Reaction score
Actually his situation was the exact same. In his post he said that he didn't get his daughter a smart phone until September (well after unlimited was stopped) and they gave him unlimited anyway since his other lines were unlimited. I got my daughter a smart phone in August but they weren't as nice to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Then maybe you should check into it. I can't remember what month Unlimited Data was terminated, but I do know they can add it on if it's deserved.

Here is what happened to me. Maybe someone reading can relate. I bought my boy a D1, lasted for about 1.5 yrs, broke, activated an old dumb phone for him, told him I was going to use his upgrade for me to get a Nexus (Yippy). Got the Nexus, went to activate the new Nexus and get me a new number, activated the Nexus with a new number, lost unlimited data, found out I can't have my own number and keep unlimited data, am stuck with my boy's number, he got a new number, life sucks replying to a bunch of 16 yr old girls via text message telling them this isn't his number anymore!
Anyhow, moral of this story is the unlimited data stays with the line it was originally activated on. They were able to restore the unlimited data back, but as of now I'm stuck with the number.
Is this correct? Or do I just have stupid Verizon representatives where I live? This is just the way it went down.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is this correct? Or do I just have stupid Verizon representatives where I live? This is just the way it went down.[/QUOTE said:
You live in India? :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Reaction score
@gloveman. You are spot on. That is the way they do things and I don't technically"deserve" unlimited on the other lines which is why I don't even bother but I know there are people on these forums who just got the first smart phone in November or December and they managed to get Verizon to give them unlimited. Some get lucky... some don't.

gloveman

Reaction score
You live in India? :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

HaHa! Utah, that's kind of like India! Huh?
No really, that's what I was told. To keep my unlimited data, I couldn't switch the original number it was on. Third party Verizon outlet might explain why they couldn't figure it out. If this is correct.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Then maybe you should check into it. I can't remember what month Unlimited Data was terminated, but I do know they can add it on if it's deserved.

Here is what happened to me. Maybe someone reading can relate. I bought my boy a D1, lasted for about 1.5 yrs, broke, activated an old dumb phone for him, told him I was going to use his upgrade for me to get a Nexus (Yippy). Got the Nexus, went to activate the new Nexus and get me a new number, activated the Nexus with a new number, lost unlimited data, found out I can't have my own number and keep unlimited data, am stuck with my boy's number, he got a new number, life sucks replying to a bunch of 16 yr old girls via text message telling them this isn't his number anymore!
Anyhow, moral of this story is the unlimited data stays with the line it was originally activated on. They were able to restore the unlimited data back, but as of now I'm stuck with the number.
Is this correct? Or do I just have stupid Verizon representatives where I live? This is just the way it went down.

correct, as long as you HAD unlimited before and you switch that number to no data/half data etc to a dumb phone or a media phone, so when you get another smartphone that requires data, they can retroactive the 'unlimited' back on to that number only.

prowler85

Reaction score
correct, as long as you HAD unlimited before and you switch that number to no data/half data etc to a dumb phone or a media phone, so when you get another smartphone that requires data, they can retroactive the 'unlimited' back on to that number only.

Uh, not exactly true. My daughter's line had NEVER had a data plan. Was always a dumb phone (didn't trust her with an expensive phone for obvious reasons - and she's 21). When I got my Bionic in September she ended up with a D1. The unlimited plans ended on Aug 1st (or late July), but in late September they had no problem giving me unlimited data on her line. I think if you are a valued customer (which they always tell me I am when I call, probably because I have 5 lines and spend a fortune), they will make exceptions. I think you have to ask, and to push it a little bit. And as I said, I even switched it back to a dumb phone for a couple months, then back to unlimited, and they still had no problem.

Could be I was just lucky, but I really didn't have to push hard at all. I just asked. And now with 5 lines, all with data plans, I think they would do just about anything I ask. :biggrin:

(insert evil laugh here)

prowler85

Reaction score
If you are on a family plan with at least 1400 minutes, call Verizon and talk to the loyalty department. They will discount each line you have with a data plan by $9.99.

It is a promotion they are only offering until March but the discount will be taken off your bill for one year.

There have been some that had to call more than once because some reps seem lost.

Really????!!!! I haven't heard of this. If I just call and ask this "loyalty dept" they will discount each of my lines by $9.99 for a year?? Why have I not heard of this promotion?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Uh, not exactly true. My daughter's line had NEVER had a data plan. Was always a dumb phone (didn't trust her with an expensive phone for obvious reasons - and she's 21). When I got my Bionic in September she ended up with a D1. The unlimited plans ended on Aug 1st (or late July), but in late September they had no problem giving me unlimited data on her line. I think if you are a valued customer (which they always tell me I am when I call, probably because I have 5 lines and spend a fortune), they will make exceptions. I think you have to ask, and to push it a little bit. And as I said, I even switched it back to a dumb phone for a couple months, then back to unlimited, and they still had no problem.

Could be I was just lucky, but I really didn't have to push hard at all. I just asked. And now with 5 lines, all with data plans, I think they would do just about anything I ask. :biggrin:

(insert evil laugh here)

I see. Well in my case I have two line not family plan either. The other line was on unlimited long ago but I switch to 150 megs for like 15 bucks since my wife barely used her blackberry data. She has been on that plan for quite some time. I just upgrade her phone to the rezound, called vzw, asked for the possibly upgrade to unlimited. Said no, no such plan exist. Long story short, she dig around came back and said you had unlimited before i said yes, she said OK I can add unlimited back on. So thats what happen in my case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Really????!!!! I haven't heard of this. If I just call and ask this "loyalty dept" they will discount each of my lines by $9.99 for a year?? Why have I not heard of this promotion?

I called on monday and they gave it to me. Have 4 lines in my family account with data and one dumb phone. Saved me some $. :biggrin:

OP
R

ryguy5254

Reaction score
If you are on a family plan with at least 1400 minutes, call Verizon and talk to the loyalty department. They will discount each line you have with a data plan by $9.99.

It is a promotion they are only offering until March but the discount will be taken off your bill for one year.

There have been some that had to call more than once because some reps seem lost.

We're on the 700 minute family plan, do they even have that? We barely use 200 minutes each month.

prowler85

Reaction score
I called on monday and they gave it to me. Have 4 lines in my family account with data and one dumb phone. Saved me some $. :biggrin:

Thanks for the tip (and everyone else above who deserves credit). I called last night and sure enough, you have to talk to some other guy who does a lot of verifying that you meet some unknown criteria, but they ended up taking $9.99 off on all 5 of my lines. Until March 2013. SWEET!

gloveman

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip (and everyone else above who deserves credit). I called last night and sure enough, you have to talk to some other guy who does a lot of verifying that you meet some unknown criteria, but they ended up taking $9.99 off on all 5 of my lines. Until March 2013. SWEET!

Nice! $50.00 a month savings for a year = $600.00! Can't beat that. Too bad I'm on the 700 min per month plan or I'd be calling.