So my brother said he is getting the iPhone 5 for Verizon, this was my response.

Mr_A

Reaction score
So here are the cons in my opinion.

1. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]May be 4G LTE, May NOT be 4G LTE. Apple is confused!
  2. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]No refund for purchasing crappy apps from the app store.
  3. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Re-download apps at your own risk; you might get charged again, you might not.
  4. [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]iTunes = garbage, expect your songs and information to get randomly deleted at least twice.
  5. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]GOODBYE TO GOOGLE SYNC COMPATIBILITY!
  6. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Forfeit your option to get a new battery or extended battery, apple don’t play that!
  7. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]No downloading anything from the web directly to your phone!
  8. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Flash not supported! (I did the research, the iPad 2 will not have flash and the iPhone 5 will not have flash; Google it! Lmao)
  9. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Customization limitations! Yeah you could change your wallpaper, but that’s about it.
  10. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Last but not least, goodbye open source; goodbye do whatever you want with your phone; goodbye freedom!

There is definitely more to add to this list, but I think this will suffice.

OP
Mr_A

Mr_A

Reaction score
If anyone has anything else to add, feel free!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its personal choice, if he wants to waste his money on crapple then let him go for it. I had an ipod for 3 1/2 yrs before i got my d2g and now i never use it simply because my d2g blows it out of the water (was nano 2nd gen, outdated but awesome battery life.... ive listened to it for entire 10 hr flights and it still not turned red).

Overall theyre decent phones unless you like to be able to change anything but ringtone and background.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I am a bit tired of the hate.
My god, let it go, man. Different storkes, different folks.
I am a loyal Androidian. Probably, most certainly, little doubt, will be for my next phone.
But if someone wants to try an Apple, a Winmoby, or a BB... so? Don't take it so personally.

My wife just went from Droid > iPhone.
As for what your "reply" means to her???

1) So what? She barely uses data anyway. I'd say 80% of her browsing is done on wifi at home or at her office. Big deal. The rest of the time will be... ummm... just as fast as her previous phone: Droid.
2) Owned her Droid for a year and never paid for one app. She only downloaded maybe a half dozen free ones. A news reader, an alarm clock, a game or two. Things that she can find for free in the app store.
3) see #2.
4) Agree that iTunes sucks. She won't mind it and I've personally never heard of the deleting music before.
5) According to Google it works just fine. I will let you know after we set it up.
6) true... but if it lasts 2 years, that's fine.
7) She's never done that on her Droid. never.
8) True. No need to research, Jobs said it ain't happening. No big deal in her opinion or mine. Java sucks on the D1.
9) As long as she can use her pics for wallpaper, she will be happy.
10) She doesn't need any of that.

What else ya' got??? ;)

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

2. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]No refund for purchasing crappy apps from the app store.
  3. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Re-download apps at your own risk; you might get charged again, you might not.
  4. [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]iTunes = garbage, expect your songs and information to get randomly deleted at least twice.
  5. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]GOODBYE TO GOOGLE SYNC COMPATIBILITY!
  6. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Forfeit your option to get a new battery or extended battery, apple don’t play that!
  7. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]No downloading anything from the web directly to your phone!
  8. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Flash not supported! (I did the research, the iPad 2 will not have flash and the iPhone 5 will not have flash; Google it! Lmao)
  9. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Customization limitations! Yeah you could change your wallpaper, but that’s about it.
  10. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Last but not least, goodbye open source; goodbye do whatever you want with your phone; goodbye freedom!

There is definitely more to add to this list, but I think this will suffice.

i'm defiantly no android or iPhone fanboy but i thought id point out that your failed attempt to talk him out of getting a iphone 5 is severely flawed.

1: the actual speed differences from day to day usage between 3g and 4g is pretty minimal. not to mention the 4g radio is killing android phones in about 3 hours.
2: the quality of apple apps are far superior to the best android apps.
3: its never happened to my ipod touch and ive never heard of anyone ever being recharged to reownload an app.
4: ill agree itunes isnt the best in the world but it does make things convenient.
5: google sync works like a champ on the iphone. Syncs contacts, gmail, calendar immediatly.
6: no need for a extended battery because unlike android phones apple batteries last longer then 8 hours.
7: theres a safari plugin that allows this without jailbreaking
8: for jailbroken phones there is... its called frash and it works on my girls VZW iphone 4 better then it does on my rooted overcloked D1 and DX.
9: stock android you cant do any more then change icons and wallpaper. Now a jailbroken iphone you can change everything, wallpapers, icons, status bar, install widgets. ....ETC
10: Opensource isnt all its cracked up to be. Yeah i like it because im a linux administrator but if i were to ever release an app for any platform it would only be for a platform thats not open source. Its too simple to decompile an android app and get the full source and then others use your ideas and source to make money on their apps.

so this being said there is no such thing as one phone being better then the next. Every person has individual needs/wants.

cpjr

Reaction score
+1 for getting tired of the iphone hate threads.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a bit tired of the hate.
My god, let it go, man. Different storkes, different folks.

+1

aefcb22c-5a00-da86.jpg

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LOL

Er... just noticed in your quote of me: what's a Storke?!?!

DOH!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I would like to thank those members that are taking the high ground and getting away from the Apple hate. Both phones serve a purpose in this ecosystem. For each weakness on one, there is a weakness on the other. They run neck and neck all day long. Let it go already.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. Nobody knows and I'm now hearing the iPhone 5 is delayed until September due to materials issue.

[*][FONT=&quot][/FONT]No refund for purchasing crappy apps from the app store.

Not exactly true. Probably more difficult to get a refund but you can get one.

[*][FONT=&quot][/FONT]Re-download apps at your own risk; you might get charged again, you might not.

Totally false. I don't know where you get that from but you back up your phone on iTunes. The app is right there.

[*][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]iTunes = garbage, expect your songs and information to get randomly deleted at least twice.

Again, totally false. I have never had a song disappear from either my iPad or from iTunes on my Mac. Having said that, I do buy my music most of the time from Amazon. Works great with iTunes.

[*][FONT=&quot][/FONT]GOODBYE TO GOOGLE SYNC COMPATIBILITY!

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I get my gmail fine on my iPad, I imagine you would with iPhone as well.

[*][FONT=&quot][/FONT]Forfeit your option to get a new battery or extended battery, apple don’t play that!

I don't use an extended battery on my Droid. I use multiple batteries. Point taken I can't speak for how long iPhone battery last. iPad goes 10 hours.

[*][FONT=&quot][/FONT]No downloading anything from the web directly to your phone!

Now I have never jailbroke my iPad but I believe you can if you jailbreak you iphone

[*][FONT=&quot][/FONT]Flash not supported! (I did the research, the iPad 2 will not have flash and the iPhone 5 will not have flash; Google it! Lmao)

True, it's a big complaint from many people who own iPads too.

[*][FONT=&quot][/FONT]Customization limitations! Yeah you could change your wallpaper, but that’s about it.

Not true, as I mentioned earlier, you can jailbreak the iPhone.

[*][FONT=&quot][/FONT]Last but not least, goodbye open source; goodbye do whatever you want with your phone; goodbye freedom!

And just how customizable is Android with a locked down boot loader?

Look, I'm not an iPhone supporter but you're statements in many areas were just so wrong I felt I had to say something. On the ones you were right on I gave you due credit. But there weren't a lot of them.

Last edited: