So How Screwed am I?

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
You used the wrong SBF.

You did the same thing I was doing you were probably using the wrong sbf file I had the same thing as you was about to give up but I noticed I was using a file for .03 instead of .04

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
You wont be charged for a replacement, just don't do it again or it'll look fishy lol. It is legal to root your phone now according to the fcc, and I assume since its an easy fix for motorola just to flash a restore on your phone and sell it as a refurb that they really don't care, that or they're trying to avoid lawsuits from charging for warranty replacements

miketoasty

Reaction score
Rooting voids you warranty. It may be legal but the company can deny you or charge you for a replacement if they please.

They however cannot take legal action against you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
rooting does void your warranty, but since i've bricked 3 phones and haven't paid for a replacement yet, I wouldn't count on being charged, although it is always possible I guess.

OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
Final Update.

I received my Droid 2 back from Motorola. Whatever I did was significant as they clearly had to take the phone apart to fix it. The back cover around the camera has been removed (and is now bent) and the silver speaker cover has also been removed (and is also bent and reinstalled crooked).

In any event, the phone works fine now.

On a funny note, Verizon would not touch the repair because I bought it off of craigslist. I even went ot a store with no lunck, then called tech support with no luck. Moto fixed it without question or the slightest hesitation.

When it came back from Motorola (yesterday), I called Verizon to see if they could help me figure out how to store my VM password; a trivila issue with almost no impact to me at all. It would not store the number, so they just FedEx'd me a brand new Droid 2.

Go Figure.

Doug M.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Why they had to take apart the phone and do all that is beyond me. Must be some dumb entry-level noobie working there thinking taking apart the whole phone is the way to restore the system, which it isn't.

I would recommend you to REALLY study and learn the RSDLite program and SBF files. If I were you, I would look at your model, android version, build number and compare it to the SBF files. There are different ones! Even 1 number or 1 letter can totally throw your phone system in a haywire mess. I also hope you do this before you even root your phone again. Even rooting can cause phones to brick up. Also install your USB drivers USB <---to---> PC/Laptop. Which is usually Motorola USB driver. There are useful tools on there too.