Am I screwed?

scubieman

Reaction score
I stole the APK out of a different ROM file. it was a little over 2 meg. I click on APK it asked normal permissions then says unable to install. I did it a few times same story.

NYDroid

Reaction score
I'm turn my Wi-Fi on and downloaded thru the Rom Manager. I just finished backing it up thru Rom Manager. I'm just going to go from there....

Hopefully, all goes well or I'll swear...#@$%!@#@#

scubieman

Reaction score
After you download via ROM manager. It will have auto popup if you want to earse cache and something else and also if you want to make backup. I would select both.

I personal Like to just download rom from internet then put on sd card then load from there. The problem with ROM manager is they put your ROM in like 10 different folders and finding it back is a nightmare. I don't use ROM manager besides to get into recovery and I do all from there.

sephtin

Reaction score
I stole the APK out of a different ROM file. it was a little over 2 meg. I click on APK it asked normal permissions then says unable to install. I did it a few times same story.

it's a system file.
To install using Root Explorer-
--Copy the file to /system/app
--change the permissions to match the other apps in that folder.
--Reboot

NYDroid

Reaction score
Check this out Scubie! I tried downloading Rubix and it seems that it's already on my SD. It says complete, wanted me to wipe this and back up that. I hit ok, and the phone would just reboot and ...nothing. Still stock. Hey, at least I'm not bricked right? lol. I think I might just go the hard route and install it thru SD.

sephtin

Reaction score
Check this out Scubie! I tried downloading Rubix and it seems that it's already on my SD. It says complete, wanted me to wipe this and back up that. I hit ok, and the phone would just reboot and ...nothing. Still stock. Hey, at least I'm not bricked right? lol. I think I might just go the hard route and install it thru SD.

Rubix Focused, or Blurry?

scubieman

Reaction score
I will guide you NYdroid the way I did let me get my materials ready LOL

scubieman

Reaction score

sephtin

Reaction score

bleh, doesn't matter which version. It would only do this if you previously started the download, and it didn't complete (best guess?) :S

Easy way to fix is to remove the following files:
/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/bit.ly/aP6CmN
/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/bit.ly/d0HI4x

Then just dl and install via RM again.. that will fix.

Or, you can just dl the .zip files, and drop them to SDCard, then ROM Manager> Install from SD Card> and point it at the file.

NOTE: If you install from SDCard (either from Recovery, or from ROM Manager), you won't get the patches.. see the SECOND post here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-roms/87326-rom-two-roms-guys-crazy.html

scubieman

Reaction score
Quick question, any of you guys tried the Apex rom?

No just rubix

it's a system file.
To install using Root Explorer-
--Copy the file to /system/app
--change the permissions to match the other apps in that folder.
--Reboot

Won't let me change permissions

NYDroid

Reaction score
Sep,

I gota do this thru Root Explorer right? Can I delete them thru USB Masstorage mode?

Easy way to fix is to remove the following files:
/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/bit.ly/aP6CmN
/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/bit.ly/d0HI4x