So does this mean were getting multi touch?

crspang

Reaction score
I'm not as concerned with multi-touch as much I'm anxious to see if the much hyped update process is going to actually better than say winmo or BB. Meaning, is the Google/Verizon update process going to be faster and more responsive than my past experiences with other devices?
I believe it will be, but only time will tell for sure.
BTW I really want the night mode for maps more than p&z because I'm using the bugless 950 ROM which has the p&z enabled.
Did you update from 2.0 to 2.01? For me it was painless. :icon_ banana:

From 2.01

I wouldn't call it completely painless as I was nervous as he!! about the whole process, but that is my own fault because of my lack of experience with Linux and the fear of the unknown I guess. Now that I've done it I feel much more comfortable with it, especially since I know I can undo it if I were to screw it up.

OP
Edmvr6

Edmvr6

Reaction score
I hate Dolphin browser.. Its laggy.. I hope we do get that update, Im anxious

cj1896

Reaction score
The answer to this question depends on if you believe that vzw is not going to abandon us. After todays news I plan on rooting ASAP. We'll see if I'm wrong but given their track record I'm not optimistic.

clunker

Reaction score
Do you really need a new rom or 2.1 forr pinch and zoom? I had dolphin with its pinch and zoom, then found xscope, it ALSO has pinch and zoom. Other apps that support p&z already have it working on 2.01, and those that dont still wont in 2.1. So are we really talking about adding this feature just to the stock browser?

A little off topic but xScope also has a zooming tecnique I've not seen before that they call Pin Zoom, and I LOVE it. Double tap the screen and hold your finger where you double yapped, then slide the finder right to zoom in, left to zoom out. Its as smooth as pinch to zoom but works great one handed. Also has volume rocker for scrolling and long press to open in new tab. Sorry, I really like it, can't help myself...

pilot25

Reaction score
Clunker,

Pinch zoom isn't the story it's multitouch. There would be less of a need for a physical keyboard if the virtual keyboard had multitouch. It would be lightening fast like the iphone.

The major problem to me is the fact android can't make itself a brand the way they are shotgun spraying the market. iphone is iphone. there isn't iphone n1 or iphone eris. it's just iphone and everyone knows about it. We are stuck in this morass of androids not knowing who will get what updates. They should all have the same software to continue the ease of development of apps. 2.WHATEVER should be on every phone.

I'm afraid droid will be a passing fancy for techno geeks unless google can get all ships sailing in the same direction.

/dolphin browser sucks.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hard to do because diff android phones have diff capabilities

Oohyeah

Reaction score
One thing many people seem to be overlooking is that it's not just the browser that's getting pinch-to-zoom.

Maps and Image Gallery are also getting it, and that's wonderful IMO.

btw, I also have a Nexus and just updated - works great! Can't wait till the Droid gets it!

jasonb

Reaction score
you can always root and use the milestone browser.