So does this mean were getting multi touch?

Edmvr6

Reaction score
I just read that the Nexus one will be getting multi touch, pinch to zoom and all that good stuff in there next update... are we next to get it?

koralyne

Reaction score
I dont see why it matters, we've got Dolphin for that. Or were you talking about for another feature?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I dont see why it matters, we've got Dolphin for that. Or were you talking about for another feature?

I was not very pleased with Dolphin's pinch-to-zoom.

To be honest, I tend to use my phone with one hand quite often, so double-tapping works just fine for me. Wouldn't mind it in apps like Gallery and maps and such though!

NBAJWill55

Reaction score
I certainly hope so, I'm dying for multitouch in the native applications!!

But only 2 problems stand in our way: Motorola and Verizon.

The nexus is directly from Google, and got multi within a month after release. I'm assuming its not going to be as easy for us.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
multitouch for maps would be quite nice to be honest.

I'm not into that pinch-to-zoom thing, but i could see myself using it for maps.

OmegaXzer0

Reaction score
I would think that it would also apply to us Droid users once we get the 2.1 update. At the very least, I'm hoping for a Droid optimized version. :D

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope so, I'm dying for multitouch in the native applications!!

But only 2 problems stand in our way: Motorola and Verizon.

The nexus is directly from Google, and got multi within a month after release. I'm assuming its not going to be as easy for us.

I'm sorry here buddy, but VZW and Motorola are the tools only. The droid is a Google experience device. They have the say for the os not VZW or Motorola really.

There are no good answers to the question but everyone is hopeful when 2.1 is released for the Droid it will include multi-touch and pinch to zoom

Guchi

Reaction score

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well i think we will have it for rooted phones soon

Guchi wrote:
Subject: Pinch-Zoom on N1 official, lets port these apps

Pete wrote:
Someone PM or Email me the link to the system dump when you find or get one, thanks!

I'm sure you got this but just in case....
https://android.clients.google.com/updates/passion/signed-passion-ERE27-from-ERD79.a487b

Thanks bud, havnt got a chance to look at it but thats my plans for the evening

we aren't talking about rooted. that's already availablle...native is what we are talking about here

NBAJWill55

Reaction score
[/quote]

I'm sorry here buddy, but VZW and Motorola are the tools only. The droid is a Google experience device. They have the say for the os not VZW or Motorola really.

There are no good answers to the question but everyone is hopeful when 2.1 is released for the Droid it will include multi-touch and pinch to zoom[/QUOTE]

But the Nexus one is sold unlocked directly from Google. Not T-Mobile. Not HTC. T-Mobile does not have to approve updates for the Nexus. Verizon must approve each update before it's released.

crspang

Reaction score
I'm not as concerned with multi-touch as much I'm anxious to see if the much hyped update process is going to actually better than say winmo or BB. Meaning, is the Google/Verizon update process going to be faster and more responsive than my past experiences with other devices?
I believe it will be, but only time will tell for sure.
BTW I really want the night mode for maps more than p&z because I'm using the bugless 950 ROM which has the p&z enabled.

iPirate

Reaction score
I'm not as concerned with multi-touch as much I'm anxious to see if the much hyped update process is going to actually better than say winmo or BB. Meaning, is the Google/Verizon update process going to be faster and more responsive than my past experiences with other devices?
I believe it will be, but only time will tell for sure.
BTW I really want the night mode for maps more than p&z because I'm using the bugless 950 ROM which has the p&z enabled.
Did you update from 2.0 to 2.01? For me it was painless. :icon_ banana:

jbernard703

Reaction score
I saw on another site that you could allegedly directly download the Nexus One MT update. Has anyone tried to download that update to a droid or any 2.0 device?