I have finally found a use for pinch-zoom (multi-touch)!

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I was the first guy in here screaming at the top of my lungs that pinch-zoom (multi-touch) was overrated. I would like to take this opportunity to officially apologize for such a ridiculous statement. Don't get me wrong, I still generally prefer the double tap method for enlarging web pages, but pinch-zoom is absolutely incredible when it comes to selecting web page links! Using double tap I would occasionally "fat finger" the screen and select the wrong link, but with pinch-zoom it is IMPOSSIBLE to do this (for obvious reasons)! So I say this to my fellow Droidians, root your Droid, if for no other reason than to get the Milestone's multi-touch browser! It has multiplied my browsing experience 10x (at least), and it was already great! :icon_ banana:

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Hey. I want the browser. Can u please post the file to the milestone browser. And also the directions. Thanks

Droids

Reaction score
One of the reasons I like the Dolphin browser is the occasional need for pinch/zoom. Don't need it often but it does come in handy.

olletsocmit

Reaction score
yea im rooted. I was just thinking... is it worth it at this point... it will be wiped out by the 2.1 update. and then we will have to again wait for the milestone browser from 2.1

kaboyd

Reaction score
That's the one and only reason I use dolphin browser. The original browser is great IMO, except for the double tap zoom.

olletsocmit

Reaction score
can someone please post the directions and files since the alldroid.org site is down.

Droids

Reaction score
Any benefits of the Milestone browser over Dolphin?

OP
Sweet Daddy

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score

Actually, I haven't tried the Dolphin browser because I was so impressed with the stock browser, and with multi-touch it's everything that I need!!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pinch Zoom is the reason I started using Xscope Browser. It was really a rough beta to begin with, but the dev is making very frequent updates/upgrades and it's better rapidly. I use it exclusively now.

paOol

Reaction score
yea im rooted. I was just thinking... is it worth it at this point... it will be wiped out by the 2.1 update. and then we will have to again wait for the milestone browser from 2.1

is what worth it? the process or rooting or getting the milestone browser?

root access will most likely be patched with the 2.1 update, but you can get there will be a new root method very soon, or even before it is OTA.

as for the browser, theres no reason it would be wiped. lets say 2.1 comes out, you update it OTA, and you are now running 2.1, but all your apps remain the same. and the milestone browser is just an app.

Jeremy556

Reaction score
The Milestone's pinch to zoom is much better than Dolphin's. Dolphin's is too fast, and just zooms in and out on the current center of the screen. Milestone's pinch zoom zooms in or out centered on where you are pinching, and is much smoother.

olletsocmit

Reaction score
cant dl the attachments. it links u to alldroid.org when u click on the 2 files and the site is down.

natty_lite

Reaction score
One thing that annoys me is when people refer to the Droid's browser as "double tap zoom" as if you only allowed to view a webpage at 2 levels. Almost every review I see or read boils down to someone saying "no pinch and zoom because of legal reasons, you have to double tap" Are the plus and minus buttons invisible on every other phone but mine? This is exactly why so many people are misinformed.

*breathe*

Ok, I just had to get that out. I'm currently using the multi touch browser also, and it only works "ok" IMO. I think the text takes to long to re draw itself.. HTC's browser on the Hero redrew the text much more quickly when expanding the page. So does Dolphin, even though the animation is a bit choppy.