SMS is received by 2 Apps!! Help!

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Ok,
soooo... I like the default/stock messaging layout, and the only reason why I have downloaded Chomp or Handcent is to try and send ringtones... well that hasn't worked yet because both programs suck when it comes to sending .mp3 files.

However, even after all of that, I have decided to keep Chomp installed on my Droid and now whenever I receive a text message it goes to "Messaging" and "ChompSMS"

how do I de-activate one of them?
I do NOT want to unistall/delete Messaging

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok,
soooo... I like the default/stock messaging layout, and the only reason why I have downloaded Chomp or Handcent is to try and send ringtones... well that hasn't worked yet because both programs suck when it comes to sending .mp3 files.

However, even after all of that, I have decided to keep Chomp installed on my Droid and now whenever I receive a text message it goes to "Messaging" and "ChompSMS"

Easy fix. Disable notifications on the stock text message application.

Also, a quick "search" would have also yielded the same answer. Just a heads up.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Go into the app you do not want notifications from and disable them.

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Ok,

Easy fix. Disable notifications on the stock text message application.

Also, a quick "search" would have also yielded the same answer. Just a heads up.

Thank you very much!
Didn't know how to search/phrase my question

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok,

Go to your original messaging app, navigate to your settings press settings and then take the check mark off your notifications.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had that same problem forever now....you can try to remove the default permissions of the Messaging app, but I've tried almost everything I could find on this subject and nothing ever works. I get a text message and it ALWAYS has Handcent pop up and Messaging pop up a notification...no matter what I do...the only thing you could do is uninstall one or the other...but be warned that uninstalling Messaging is a tedious process and can could potentially cause problems with future OTAs and what not...because it is a default stock app that is SUPPOSED to always be on the phone...