Default Messenger Icons

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Default Messenger - Read Report for SMS?

I notice that in the Moto Droid default SMS messenger app, even after turning the read report on, the icon next to each sent message doesn't change other than to show it's been successfuly sent. Is there any way to get the icon to change to display sent/received/read value in the default messenger? If not, do HandCent or ChompSMS have this capability?

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean, in my default messaging, either with pics or without, each one has a sent and time in tiny font below each message...

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Right, you get a sent time/date below it. And if you go to the settings menu, you can check delivery reports for SMS, which will give you a little envelope and green "i" icon next to each of your messages that have been successfully delivered. (For MMS, you can check delivery reports AND read reports in the settings.) But there are no read reports (and accociated notification-by-icon) available for SMS in the default messenger? My old RAZR had this, and I found it very useful.

So, if this really isn't available in the default messenger, I was wondering if it is in any of the more popular messenging apps.

Istus

Reaction score
I know that Handcent does display a counter. It also has various options for the icon in addition to different colors of those icons. Lastly, it also allows you to modify the color of the notification light. This is my favorite app on my droid.

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
In retrospect, I should have titled this thread differently. Something more like "SMS Read Reports in default messenger." Mentioning the icons probably just confuses the issue.

vearix

Reaction score
The stock sms app has a delivery notification setting that you can turn on (in settings). Handcent also has this feature.

masonkeene

Reaction score
I came here cause i think i can solve your problem. All you do to read the report is you do a long-press(hold your finger on the text) on the text you want to view, and then do read delivery report or just read report im not sure which one it is. its at the bottom. hope i could help :)

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I came here cause i think i can solve your problem. All you do to read the report is you do a long-press(hold your finger on the text) on the text you want to view, and then do read delivery report or just read report im not sure which one it is. its at the bottom. hope i could help :)

Thanks for the info. I had actually already found that though. While the long press does give you a delivery report (the message has reached the recipient's phone), it doesn't do a read report (the message has actually been looked at). I think the way modern smart phone SMS works, as compared to the older syle like on the RAZR, makes the read report difficult to do.