Smilies

Caleb9849

Reaction score
Hello, I have a dilemma. I /love/ the correction abilities of the Android text entry (punctuating, capitalizing, etc.) but there is one thing that bugs me...if I try to write a smiley, it treats the colon as a colon would normally be used in formal English. Example: if I try to write "hi, what's up :)" I get "hi, what's up: )". I can fix this by backspacing and rewriting it, but it's annoying, so I'm wondering if there's a way to get around that without disabling the typing assistance completely. I've looked through the settings and can't find a way to do it. Can anyone offer any help/suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

tituswife

Reaction score
Is there a list somewhere, of what keys typed translate to what smiley faces? Thanks! :) (I know that one!)

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not sure about a typed list but if you are on your PC or the browser on your phone you can see them. All you need to do is go to the quick reply box and on the right click on the "[More]" underneath the smiles and it shows what they all are with what you need to type under them.

tituswife

Reaction score
I was hoping for a typed list, to use anywhere. Some other apps use them, too. Thank you for replying!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There are lists if you search for it but they are pretty general. Especially since there are so many variations that can be used.

tituswife

Reaction score
I found a typed list. I'll try them out, here! :-&