smart ations

lowfatdog

Reaction score
Is there a way to get all (most) running apps to shut off 2 minutes after screen timeout like there used to be? I looked over the smart apps and I did not see that option anymore. I don't believe you used to get to this thru smart apps but I don't know where else to look.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
On ginger bread there was a task killer pre loaded, ICS eliminated it. Now you have to down load one from the play store.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ics does it on its own... go into running apps by going into manage apps, running, you'll see that your device keeps most apps killed already.

I'm going to suggest that you don't use an app killer.. it can cause issues.

The reason is that it could indiscriminately kill an app that's needed at the time, and cause force closes and other issues... excessive battery usage by having to kill and restart apps over and over. Over all device instability could result in extreme cases.

But its your choice :)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Ics does it on its own... go into running apps by going into manage apps, running, you'll see that your device keeps most apps killed already.

I'm going to suggest that you don't use an app killer.. it can cause issues.

The reason is that it could indiscriminately kill an app that's needed at the time, and cause force closes and other issues... excessive battery usage by having to kill and restart apps over and over. Over all device instability could result in extreme cases.

But its your choice :)

My sentiments exactly,