Smart Actions...this phone is amazing!

applemac

Reaction score
Have had my Razr for almost a week and am in love with it. Probably will keep it forever....yeah right!:D Truly is an amazing phone. Love the look of it. My sister is all iPhone. We say the iPhone is more girly and the Droids are more masculine. Then we let them 'sync' Just kidding. Anyway, among the many features that I love, is the 'smart action' feature. Just set it to go silent when I arrive at church! Too cool! My Jawbone Era works with it even better than it did with my Droid X. Very responsive. Very common sense. Just love it! :icon_ banana:

gling

Reaction score
Power+volume down. Hold for at least 10 second. Should reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Have had my Razr for almost a week and am in love with it. Probably will keep it forever....yeah right!:D Truly is an amazing phone. Love the look of it. My sister is all iPhone. We say the iPhone is more girly and the Droids are more masculine. Then we let them 'sync' Just kidding. Anyway, among the many features that I love, is the 'smart action' feature. Just set it to go silent when I arrive at church! Too cool! My Jawbone Era works with it even better than it did with my Droid X. Very responsive. Very common sense. Just love it! :icon_ banana:

Smart actions have essentially done away with missed calls due to forgetting to turn up the ringer after silencing it. Also, no more embarrassing moments when it's YOUR phone that rings first in a meeting and reminds everyone else to turn theirs off before they suffer the same consequences. I love my RAZR, for so many reasons. It's more than an upgrade from my D2, it's a completely new technology.

eodguy2

Reaction score
One thing i'm not able to figure out is for wifi to activate when get home. I have it set to wifi when arrive (which always error stating need wifi on to determine location. I have wifi off when not home do as not to keep looking for wifi. Not sure if not set something right, or this not possible.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
One thing i'm not able to figure out is for wifi to activate when get home. I have it set to wifi when arrive (which always error stating need wifi on to determine location. I have wifi off when not home do as not to keep looking for wifi. Not sure if not set something right, or this not possible.
There's a number of apps in the Market that can control when your WiFi turns on and off. Verizon has a pretty good one that works very well. It is capable of remembering a number of different locations that you have indicated that you want the WiFi turned on. Use an app like this to control your Wifi and SmartActions to control everything else. The Verizon app uses tower triangulation to determine where you are. It is accurate enough to know when you're at a location you have designated to have WiFi on. When you leave that location (within a couple hundred meters) it turns your WiFi off and then back on when you get, let's say, home.

lowboydrvr

Reaction score

If you set your smart action to use "Wifi Connection", then tap the "Wifi Connection" button and you should be able t choose "your" network (of course you need to do this while you are at home). This will remove the error you get because it will know when to connect to the specific network.

The great thing about the smart actions is once a specific action ends, it reverts to its previous state. So, say you have a smart action for the drive home (using Bluetooth Connection (my is set specifically when it syncs with my Ford Focus SNYC system)) and you had Wifi enabled before that action, when you get out of your vehicle, the drive home action will end (when the Bluetooth Connection disables) and the Wifi should automatically turn back on and then pickup your home network.

motaumar

Reaction score
Smart actions is amazing and so convenient. I love it.

When first using smart actions I accidentally deleted two of the samples. Is there anyway to get them back?

bullswife98

Reaction score

When first using smart actions I accidentally deleted two of the samples. Is there anyway to get them back?

+1,I also would like to know as well. I accidentally deleted the work one as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Killuminati

Reaction score
I hope more phones include built in smart-actions, they really are a big step forward.

SallyC

Reaction score
+1,I also would like to know as well. I accidentally deleted the work one as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

It's very easy to delete one as if you use it, it appears on the My Rules screen. So if you delete you think you're just removing it from that screen - but no, it's gone!

The Work one is:

Triggers: Location (Select a Location)
Actions: Ringer Volume (Set ringer to vibrate only)
Send Text Message (which you configure if you want to add that particular action)

SallyC

Reaction score

Which two did you delete? I will see if I have them.