Smart Actions wish list

dcrowe

Reaction score
So, I think Smart Actions is a really great idea, just executed poorly. I was wondering if anyone knew of an app that was the same concept, just executed better.

I just want to start out by saying the the RAZR is my first real smart phone, so I am a little new to this whole app scene and of course this forum. If I am posting this in the wrong place, I apologize. Additionally, if the Smart Actions is capable of anything

Anyway, when I thought of Smart Actions, I was hoping it would be a little deeper that what it actually is. Here is what I was looking for...

1. Application Specific Triggers - When I open the photo gallery or watch youtube I want the screen brightness to go up. When I play games I want WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth to turn off. Depending on the game, I might want to brighten/dim the display, etc, etc, etc.
  2. Basic logic - They already have AND in a sense and within a single Trigger you have OR logic, but you could consolidate a lot more with deeper OR logic, and you could create better rules with NOT logic.
  3. Prioritization - If my battery is under 20%, I want those rules to be prioritized above the rest. If I am playing a game, I want that rule to be prioritized above everything except for low battery life.
That is all I can think of for now. Does anyone know of an app that already does these things? Does anyone else feel the same way about this?

ablank

Reaction score
The only other things I want to see really are triggers for docks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bcman

Reaction score
I'm disappointed with smart actions - I can control the ringer volume but not the notifications volume. They need to provide access to all volumes.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
There is an app called Locale which goes for about $10 IIRC and it has a lot of plugins available for it that can make it very agile in what its able to do. It works really well and I ran it for probably nearly 2 years until I got my RAZR. I highly recommend that app. That said, I have not felt the need to put it on my RAZR because of Smart Actions.

bcman

Reaction score
Thanks JP. Actually I have "Tasker" which also allows the same. I was hoping this would take care of things so I didn't have to add download and run Tasker too.

There is an app called Locale which goes for about $10 IIRC and it has a lot of plugins available for it that can make it very agile in what its able to do. It works really well and I ran it for probably nearly 2 years until I got my RAZR. I highly recommend that app. That said, I have not felt the need to put it on my RAZR because of Smart Actions.

Zandar

Reaction score
I'd love to see the ability to switch between 3G and 4G. Honestly, running this phone on 3G all day gives it incredibly good battery life; the 4G radio is the major culprit in killing the battery off early. I'd love to set up a rule for Screen = off, 3G; Screen = on, 4G. That alone would cure 90% of people's battery woes.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So, I think Smart Actions is a really great idea, just executed poorly. I was wondering if anyone knew of an app that was the same concept, just executed better.

I have heard good things about AutomateIt. I installed it and it gives you tremendous customization regarding location and how it obtains same. This may cure some peoples' issues regarding conflicts due to incorrect location information.