Smart Actions Question

ITguy4

Reaction score
I am getting used to Smart Actions and I really like it so far. But how does it know that you are in the car? I don't see a trigger for docking the Razr like I have seen in other utilities like this.

thelastbill

Reaction score
use the sample car smart action and pair a bluetooth device as the trigger. I have the moto roadster, pretty awesome to stream music and text by speaking

tmal2

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a smart action using my location (home) as the trigger and I'm trying to get it to turn Wifi on when I"m only at this location. For some reason I can set the trigger no problem but when I go to select Wifi in actions it's greyed out and I can't select it. What's going on here? It's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm trying to set up a smart action using my location (home) as the trigger and I'm trying to get it to turn Wifi on when I"m only at this location. For some reason I can set the trigger no problem but when I go to select Wifi in actions it's greyed out and I can't select it. What's going on here? It's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance

Smart Actions requires WIFI to be ON in order to use Location for a trigger. Since you are trying to use Location to tell it to turn ON WIFI, it's a catch 22. This is why you can't select Location for a trigger AND WIFI on for an action. This is an anomaly of the Smart Actions Location trigger, and at this point there is no workaround using Smart Actions.

There is however a workaround that accomplishes the same goal. What you need to do is download and install Verizon WIFI Auto-on. Once installed run it and set your home location as a point where WIFI is to be triggered on. When you arrive at home, Verizon WIFI Auto-on will turn WIFI on, and when you leave again, it will turn it off. ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Great information. Thanks for all the help

No problem, happy to be of service! That's what they pay me the BIG bucks for! :rofl2: