Smart Actions is amazing!

DroidHoff

Reaction score
With the new phones coming out I can't believe Motorola hasn't been marketing the crap out of just the smart actions app alone on the Razr! With the Rezound getting the music pub and the Gnex all the ICS hype, Motorola should be distinguishing itself based on the smart actions app! Personally the sound from my Razr is very good quality, I see no need for Beats, many apps will accomplish the same thing. Also the Gnex is a sweet phone but many of the features it will have can also be mimicked quite easily if not better, and the camera argument doesn't seem to be holding to much water either based on early reviews. Sure the shutter is fast but the picture is not that great. After getting my Smart Actions set I'm getting over a day a charge on this thing with moderate to heavy usage! It is the one feature of all the recently released or upcoming phones that is really a game changer IMHO. All in all this device is really fantastic and I couldn't be happier with it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Deron

Reaction score
Agreed. The Smart Actions app is actually turning out to be the main reasons I'll stick with the phone.

The virtual keyboard is pissing me the #### off! (and I loved the virtual keyboard on the Droid X.) Many of the apps are not taking advantage of the dual core processor. The battery drains just as fast while actively using the phone as my DROID X. The LTE drains the battery quickly and I don't see the huge advantage over using 3g on my previous Droid X. But I will still stick with the RAZR because this Smart Actions app does such a good job of slowing passive battery drain. Every thing else I will simply adapt to because that is such a great app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
They are probably not coming on to strong with it because there have been apps on the market that do the same things for awhile now. This is just the first time they branded one and put it on the phone from the factory to try and help with the non-removable battery situation. I am sure they don't want to come off as trying to pretend they are innovators of this type of program, just want to make sure we have it at our disposal to help with battery life. It is a great program, I look forward to future updates to see what else it will let us control.

Deron

Reaction score
There has been an app called Tasker on the Android Market for a while which does the type of stuff that Smart Actions does. It's more powerful than Smart Actions but a lot harder to use.

nubia

Reaction score
Agreed. The Smart Actions app is actually turning out to be the main reasons I'll stick with the phone.

The virtual keyboard is pissing me the #### off! (and I loved the virtual keyboard on the Droid X.) Many of the apps are not taking advantage of the dual core processor. The battery drains just as fast while actively using the phone as my DROID X. The LTE drains the battery quickly and I don't see the huge advantage over using 3g on my previous Droid X. But I will still stick with the RAZR because this Smart Actions app does such a good job of slowing passive battery drain. Every thing else I will simply adapt to because that is such a great app.

TRY USING THE SWIFTKEY X KEYBOARD, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. IM NOT HAVING ANY KEYBOARD ISSUES AT ALL....