Small scratch in Droid X2 Screen

KatyBug513

Reaction score
I have had this phone for less than a week because the original X2 I got from Verizon was turning itself off almost 2 to 3 times a day after having it for a few days, resending my texts when it would turn back on and also the keyboard started acting up. So, I went back and they replaced it since it was within the 14 days of purchasing it.

Now within a week of having this new one, there is a very small but noticable when the screen is bright scratch. It's not even an inch long, probably about 5 CM's but it irritates me because I asked if I should purchase a screen protector and the guy at Verizon told me that the phone has Gorilla Glass and doesn't scratch easily yet just from having it in my purse or in my hand, it has already scratched.

Can I take this back to Verizon and get a replacement as easy as I got one this last time? Or am I going to have to go through the insurance I got on the phone? I had a MyTouch 3G before this phone and seems to me I've had more issues in the first 2 weeks of having this X2 than I had in 3 years having my old Android phone.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
If you're still in the worry free 2 weeks, go ahead and return it again. Gorilla glass really shouldn't scratch that easily...

Reaction score
A scratch on the screen will be considered end user abuse and not a warranty issue. So you would be looking at an insurance claim for that.

OP
K

KatyBug513

Reaction score
I'm not, I had to have this one returned by the 19th to be within the worry free 14 days and I didn't notice it till Sunday.

It really pisses me off that my phone I've had less than a month is already scratched and had to have been replaced once because it was a lemon or whatever.

I just called and the guy told me I'd be looking at a big restocking fee to exchange a phone with a scratch and to go the insurance route or to try and put a screen protector over it and see if that helps.

It really is TINY, not anywhere near an inch long but it's just also really irritating to have had a phone for less than a month and it's already scratched.

Any reccomendations as to what type of screen protector I could purchase and from where to put over it and to also protect my screen from further scratches that I supposedly should have trouble getting.