Slow phone after Verizon update

Status
Not open for further replies.

renee1

Reaction score
Hello,
I just joined this site and have hopes of learning a lot about my phone. I've had the Droid X for about 2 years now but am still learning. I am not familiar with these forums so I'll have to learn to navigate my way through this too.

I joined mainly because I have been frustrated with my phone after I downloaded the first verizon update. It is now so S L O W. I have called Verizon and spent a couple hours and gotten to level 3 techs and no can help. I have cleared data from the keyboard and language and did a soft reset (they called it when you take the battery out while the phone is on). No Help. The icons light up blue when I touch them and a second later the screen goes black then the app appears. Never did that before the update. I started having trouble with the calendar syncing to my mac (through google delegates) I found a site About which solved he calendar problems.

Another annoying problem I've having is in my contacts. I have groups set up. When I touch a group to pull up the one I touched does not pull up but instead the last one I used shows up. Does anyone out there have some advice for me?
Thanks
renee1​

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I can't help you with the contacts issue but...

Go into settings > applications > running services and check to see what apps are using your battery and cpu the most. If display and the phone radio aren't in the top 5 there may be a user installed app that is running constantly which you should delete.

Dave Lister

Reaction score
The Droid X is a different phone than the original Droid. You might have better luck solving your problem in the Droid X forum as people more familiar with the peculiarities of that phone will see your post.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to wipe data.

MIUI 2012.3.23

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No it doesn't. There should not be a need to wipe data after applying an officially released update.

Any time a phone is updated, it is usually best to do a data wipe, especially if you are experiencing any problems. Even if it is an official update and especially ifit is a big update such as Froyo to GB. I can't tell you how many times issues have been resolved from OTA updates by a data wipe. You may be able to get by with just a cache wipe, but you'll have to see

MIUI 2012.3.23

Durandgir

Reaction score
Wiping after an OTA does not make much sense. You should not need to.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look over at the DX section at the threads when the GB OTA was coming out. Most of the problems could be fixed with a data wipe.

Same principle if your keyboard force closes or acts funky. Wipe the keyboard data and it usually fixes it.

I'm not saying I know anything about the OG, but I do know about the X.

MIUI 2012.3.23

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stock recovery has the option for wiping data and cache or just cache.

MIUI 2012.3.23

Status
Not open for further replies.