Sirius/xm and miui problem

sswiecki

Reaction score
Hi this is my first time posting on this forum. I am a long time follower
Has anyone found a way to get the Sirius app to work on this rom.? I've tried the tune in radio app trick and it didn't work. I love the rom. But I miss my Sirius app. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dude3812

Reaction score
I don't know what the actual problem is, but I do know that it not only affects the XM/Sirius app, but also ESPN Radio app and Fox News Radio app. I was running a different rom yesterday and all three of these were working. They do not work streaming from the network, they will work streaming from wifi.

OP
S

sswiecki

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I also have had the sirius app working on other roms. The problem is I really like this rom.

qkpony

Reaction score
If this helps the people that work on the bugs this what I noticed. Open Sirius app its logs in fine go to channel it will show what's playing and even change when the song changes it just don't stream the music then you get a network error. So this tells me its communicating but not sure past that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

fuller82

Reaction score
I can't get it working either. I had it running great on 1.7 via the tune in radio trick but after updating to 1.22 no dice. It sucks too because I listen to music all day at work and I really miss alt nation. I can't run anything but miui on my phone though. It has me spoiled.

Joshison

Reaction score
I just don't understand how Pandora works fine, but somehow XM/sirius doesn't.

fuller82

Reaction score
I'm curious as to if everyone else having issues with this if its only on 3g or wifi as well. My problem has always been the app in general not 3g only. And when it mystically started working one day it was on 3g and wifi. From what I hear it seems to work over wifi for the people having issues which is strange as its always been all or none with me.

Joshison

Reaction score
3G only for me, hopefully it can be fixed because I love this ROM.

hixie5

Reaction score
The problem for me is that it won't start streaming on 3G, only WiFi. Crazy thing though, if I start the streaming on WiFi, I can then turn WiFi off and when it switches over to 3g, it stays playing without a hicup. It will then continue to play on 3G until I stop it.

Problem seems to be STARTING on 3G. I have the same issue with another streaming music app, DI.FM. Won't start on 3G but will keep playing if it originally starts on WiFi and switches over.

Joshison

Reaction score
This afternoon I'll attempt to find a wireless connection in my building and give this a try.
The problem for me is that it won't start streaming on 3G, only WiFi. Crazy thing though, if I start the streaming on WiFi, I can then turn WiFi off and when it switches over to 3g, it stays playing without a hicup. It will then continue to play on 3G until I stop it.

Problem seems to be STARTING on 3G. I have the same issue with another streaming music app, DI.FM. Won't start on 3G but will keep playing if it originally starts on WiFi and switches over.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think we have found a solution. Retesting fix now to make sure it isnt a fluke :)

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The xm issue has been fixed. It has to do with the hosts file used in system/etc.
To fix it download this zip click, Unzip it and extract the hosts file. Then in adb preform this series of code
adb remount
adb push hosts /system/etc
Should work without a reboot.
Thanks to Jamezelle for coming up with this idea for the fix :)

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The xm issue has been fixed. It has to do with the hosts file used in system/etc.
To fix it download this zip click, Unzip it and extract the hosts file. Then in adb preform this series of code
adb remount
adb push hosts /system/etc
Should work without a reboot.
Thanks to Jamezelle for coming up with this idea for the fix :)

or put the host file on your sdcard and do these commands from a terminal app

Code:
su
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
busybox cp  /sdcard/host /system/etc/