Sim Card Authorization Error

Markee

Reaction score
Don't remove the Sim card while the phone is on. Phone off, card out, card in, phone on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
G
Why would the verizon rep tell me to leave the power on when I pulled the SIM card...????? That is crazy if it is not true... This is a verizon 4G Expert... ???? Makes you really wonder...

Have I done damage to the SIM card???? Can another Expert weigh in on this????
(Super Moderator or someone who absolutely knows....
Thanks

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I got the error yesterday and just happened to be eating lunch right across the street from my verizon store.

I took it over after lunch and they decided to give me a new sim card... After an hour and three techs working it later, they told me they didn't know what was happening and that my phone was good and the sim card was fine.

suggested I call verizon service.

I had some errands to run but as soon as I got home I called and of course was told that they just issued a TB on the sim card error and that they had problems with LTE equipment in the Northeast and had no further info as when it would be fixed....

That was around 4 or so yesterday, still have the same error now.....

snowman63

Reaction score
Hi new to this form. Just wanted to say hi from Buffalo Ny. I was getting the same sim card error and no 4g service since noon yesterday. However about 2 hours ago the error went away and 4g came back. It has been working like a champ. Hopefully they are getting this issue resolved for everyone.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
If I don't get any resolution by clock out time later, I'm getting some network news PR in on this. Too much hush-hush, to few CS and techs now about something that's been a few days now.

thefuzz

Reaction score
Just turned phone off, pulled Sim, reset and 4g is back, i'm in south Florida.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bullswife98

Reaction score
I have a question, why am I getting this notification about my Sims card (authorization error) when I have mine set to cdma only? Where I'm at 4g isn't available here uh not even close... St.Louis is the closest and its 64 miles away from my rural town so why is it doing this to my Sims/phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

satarecah

Reaction score
Any device with lte capbiilites will experience this problem... and 3g is down too from what i heard and it was in newyork anyways

tony2001

Reaction score
Same here in nyc,10:35pm watching moon shiners on cable with no 4g lte...Got the sim card authorization error message 2 days ago, couldn't get rid of the red notification x, thought it was the phone or sim card. Luckily I'm on my home wifi and saw this online...

jacobjer

Reaction score
4g has been so inconsistent in our area. Being told the ota update will have a fix for this soon. Regardless...today wasn't cool.

xer0derm

Reaction score
LGE seems to be working again without any problems here in Northern NJ. Sim card error is also gone after a reboot.

hoosier84

Reaction score
4g working here in indianapolis without any data drop all morning. Yesterday was awful. Here's to hoping!