Sim Card Authorization Error

swharshbar

Reaction score
I just received this same error about 30 mins. ago. After contacting customer support, I was informed that there is some sort of outage in the northeast area affecting the RAZR phones mostly. I put in a service ticket request and was informed that they hope to have this issue resolved soon. Let's hope so.

The outage only deals with the 4g not being available, the sim card issue is different. I had my sim card replace too and the error message came back a day later.

Last edited:

BarryD

Reaction score
I'm in Rochester, NY, and I've had this issue since around or just before 5pm yesterday. But I've noticed another couple of odd quirks other than just the Sim notification and the lack of LTE.

First, and not a big deal but just a curiosity, the Sim notification, when it first pops up, is accompanied by a very bright white LED blinky light. This is the only time I've ever seen the the notification LED turn white. It goes away after the notification is acknowledged.

The other, and far more troubling issue is that on three occasions since the Sim notification first occurred, the capacitive buttons (home, back, menu & search) became wholly unresponsive. They offered no haptic feedback and allowed no interaction with the phone. In all three occurrences restarting the phone fixed that issue. I had never seen this occur before the Sim notification.

Has anyone else with the Sim notification seen a loss of functionality with their capacitive buttons?

sand240

Reaction score
Just got the sim error message too. I'm down in SE texas. Haven't bothered calling tech support yet

I just got off the phone with Verizon. There is a known bulletin out on this issue. Apparently they've been working the issue for going on 18 hours now, and as of the last update this morning, they didn't have an ETA on fixing it. I’m going to let this develop before I try to switch out my sim card. At least I got 3G for now.

BarryD

Reaction score
The outage only deals with the 4g not being available, the sim card issue is different.

Why do you suppose this to be true? Indeed, my error informs me that my "Sim Card may not be authorized for LTE service."

So in one sentence, my phone is telling me that my Sim issue is indeed related to my LTE issue. And this is while my wife is sitting next to me surfing the internet on her Bionic with an LTE connection.

What those people (Verizon CS) are referring to as an "outage," may indeed be a networking issue related to the Sim cards in some way.

It look like we're just going to have to wait it out like the Great GPS Outage of the summer.

eodguy2

Reaction score
just got mine!!!! arrrgggggg 1245 hrs. now on hold with tech support :( this sucks

sirvalence

Reaction score
Same here (northeast Ohio). Got the SIM error about 2 hours ago along with no coverage. I was on CDMA only at the time, now nothing. I've seen a few flickers of CDMA and/or LTE as I have it set to both now, but only for a few seconds. I've re-seated my SIM and rebooted more than a few times. Should I even give my Verizon rep a call at this point... or just wait it out.

eodguy2

Reaction score
Sirvalence, I just got off phone w/tech support who had me do that exact thing (power down, take out sim card and reinsert) to get rid of error message. He suggested I just use wifi if possible until they get it fixed as he guessed later today or tomorrow at latest. He advised once the lte thing is fixed phone should be good to go once again. keeping fingers crossed. HE did confirm not the phone, its the 4glte problem.

VA_siCkBoy

Reaction score
I powered down for an hour and just restarted. Everything seems back to normal (for now).

I hope they have fixed the issue.

countryboy498

Reaction score
I am NOT in a 4G area but got the sim card error as well. I spoke with Verizon and they said that because I wasn't in a 4G area my issue should be unrelated to the 4G issue nation wide and I should go to a Verizon store and get my sim card replaced. I am bouncing in and out of 1x and thats all I am getting. So I tried a coworkers Razr, cycled power and when his rebooted he had no 3G either. I called Verizon and the guy I talked to the second time told me that even 3G would be affected because my phone has a sim card..... Now I don't know what to do...... One Verizon rep tells me I should be fine on 3G and the other tells me no. Hmmm....... I don't think Verizon has a clue what they are dealing with here.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Droid Razr; so thin, even 4G LTE can't find it! A true stealth phone!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

shomee

Reaction score
I just got the sim error about 1/2 an hour ago. North TX. Glad I checked here. I shut down, reseated sim. When I booted up I lost 3g as well. 3g came back 10 minutes ago, no 4g

EDIT:
came back about 5 minutes ago, I'm sure it will go out again...

Last edited:

thehowells

Reaction score
I've received the Sim card authorization error as well. Tech support tells me its a glitch in their system and has nothing to do with my particular phone or Sim card. Basically they apologized and said they are trying to figure out what's causing ths problemin their system.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My error has gone away after a reboot, but i have NO data at all now...