Sim Card Authorization Error

sturner91

Reaction score
So i understand Verizon's 4g LTE went down today or the other day. Now my phone says im not authorized for 4g LTE.
I called and talked to Verizon, they have no idea, so they are sending me a new SIM card(in hopes thats the problem). My SIM card has no damage what so ever. Ive restarted the phone numerous times but that has done nothing. Ive also reseated the SIM card a few times.

The last thing i did before i noticed this problem was i downloaded the LookOut Carrier IQ detector. MSNBC had stated that phones are starting to get keyloggers, so why not check and see if im in the clear. Since i ran that program ive had these problems, the program is no longer on my phone.

Does anyone have any idea's as to what i can do, i do not want to have to re-download my apps and do a whole factory reset.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks

kparks

Reaction score
So i understand Verizon's 4g LTE went down today or the other day. Now my phone says im not authorized for 4g LTE.
I called and talked to Verizon, they have no idea, so they are sending me a new SIM card(in hopes thats the problem). My SIM card has no damage what so ever. Ive restarted the phone numerous times but that has done nothing. Ive also reseated the SIM card a few times.

The last thing i did before i noticed this problem was i downloaded the LookOut Carrier IQ detector. MSNBC had stated that phones are starting to get keyloggers, so why not check and see if im in the clear. Since i ran that program ive had these problems, the program is no longer on my phone.

Does anyone have any idea's as to what i can do, i do not want to have to re-download my apps and do a whole factory reset.

Thanks

My coworker is having the same problem all they did was open a ticket.. keep me posted if the new sim works

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

corwinb1906

Reaction score
I had the same problem and took it to store two weeks ago and it was a bad Sim card! Haven't had any problems since then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks

Honestly I'd just wait for and try the new sim card. I know there have been some strange sim card issues with the new 4G phones and this may be one of those. If the sim card doesn't solve the problem, and I'd be surprised if it didn't, then I'd recommend a Factory Data Reset:

These have gotten pretty painless lately by following some simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

Good luck.

BTW, I think you can drop by any Verizon store a pick up a sim card if you don't want to wait. Just be sure to not let them charge you for it as it is should be free.

satarecah

Reaction score
Call give it a day if nothing then request a new sim its free of charge.

WhiteRabbit

Reaction score

Thanks
I just talked to a Verizon rep and this is the result of a Verizon network problem and not the cell phone itself. They are working on fixing it.

OP
S

sturner91

Reaction score
When i talked to tech support they said they'd send me a new sim card. I will be stopping by a Verizon store on my way home just so they have visual evidence as to whats going on.

As of now im waiting on the new sim card till i do a factory reset or anything drastic.

satarecah

Reaction score
I just talked to a Verizon rep and this is the result of a Verizon network problem and not the cell phone itself. They are working on fixing it.

With just one post i don't know if i could trust you, because i just got off the phone with a rep less than 30 mins ago... and they said nothing about that lol

Hermes

Reaction score
I was just about to post a query on this issue and sure enough someone already started one.

I'm having the same problem too. The odd thing about it is I have my phone set to CDMA only. I've tried re-seating the sim card but the error message comes back after a short while. At least I'm not alone.

satarecah

Reaction score
I was just about to post a query on this issue and sure enough someone already started one.

I'm having the same problem too. The odd thing about it is I have my phone set to CDMA only. I've tried re-seating the sim card but the error message comes back after a short while. At least I'm not alone.

ive got the same problem but you think the rep would go "oh hey btw the network is being dumb sorrwzy"

sdb010

Reaction score
Hmmm, I hope its a small Verizon glitch. I've not had much success with the Razr since I picked up my first one last Thursday. Immediately after leaving the store with the first one, it took nearly 6 hours to get one email address to work. After I finally got it working (3 hard factory wipes and a day later) I was unable to get my calendar to work. I would enter an appointment, click save and within 10 seconds, the appointment would just disappear. I spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support that night and after reaching level 3, was told to just take the phone back for a replacement. I turned it off for the weekend and yesterday morning when I turned it on, I had three appointments for every one I entered on the phone. Yeehah. I tried deleting the calendar from Google Calendar and factory resetting the phone again. This worked for about 2 hours.

I turned the phone off again in disgust.

An hour later, I turned it on only to have an uncontrolled alarm constantly ringing and it couldn't be turned off in any way, other than by turning the phone off.

Fortunately, the level 3 tech put a note in my file to replace the phone when I walked into the verizon store. I did that last night and after an hour, I had a new phone. Came home last night, set it all up and it seemed like I got what I originally wanted, a state of the art, 4G superfast phone.

Till about 3pm today when I got the SIM card authorization error.

I stopped in the Verizon store again and they were clueless....tech reseated my SIM card and said, I dunno, if it happens again, please drive 20 miles roundtrip again and we'll replace the card.

Jokingly, as I left the store, I told everyone I'd see them tomorrow.

Looks like it wasn't a joke, I have the SIM card authorization warning again.

My point here is to ask members of this forum......is this really a good phone or did I buy another "test" that's going to cost me in time and gas getting fixes from Verizon.......like when I bought the Blackberry Storm a few years ago ???

Thanks. Need some confidence.

ulcuss

Reaction score
Yeap, happend to me too an hour ago. Must be the network.

photodan70

Reaction score
With just one post i don't know if i could trust you, because i just got off the phone with a rep less than 30 mins ago... and they said nothing about that lol

No, tech support told me the same thing, that it is a network issue not my phone. But what gets me is my girlfriend is sitting next to me with a Razr and hers gets 4g???? Maybe the numbers got wiped out and need to be reactivated?
Dan

Baseballd2

Reaction score
Im having the same issue here too. I'm not even getting 3G service anymore just white bars. Just got back from the Verizon store after they reactivated my sim. Phone can make calls but no 3g or blue bars just white bars. Strange

Last edited:

Einsteindks

Reaction score
@sdb010:
My Razr works flawlessly, rooted, backed up, and bootstrapped. SIM card is a network thing, 3g and everything else is ok. 4g is down, is all. Sounds like you got a major lemon, dude! Get a new, not refurbished, unit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums