Silent mode after 2.2 update?

tc122701

Reaction score
My daughter has the facinate, has gotten the froyo update, and can't get her phone on silent mode. Her phone only goes to vibrate now. Are we missing something or is there no silent mode? Her phone is stock.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes silent mode was removed by default on Froyo. There may be an option buried in the sound settings but if not you can download any kind of volume manager from the market.

tappin and a talkin

nuch14150

Reaction score
press the power button for 2-3 seconds...it pops up a menu to power down the phone...AND put it in silent mode.

Mefloump

Reaction score
I'm on 2.2 and under sound settings right at the top it says silent mode and is clickable.

Sent from my SCH-I500

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i believe the silent mode in the power down menu is atually just vibrate (at least it is on the vibrant) my gf was very upset after the froyo update because they removed the option for silent mode, as in no sound or vibrate.

OP
T

tc122701

Reaction score
you are correct on the facinate as well spaz, it takes it to vibrate only. Thanks for the help and fast response, she is upset to cause in school she liked it on silent.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Same with my gf. She uses an app called quick settings that let's her toggle between sound, vibrate, and silent. It also let's her individually controll diferent sound elements like ringtone and system and what not.

tappin and a talkin

M

Mwsr

I wasn't to happy about losing that function either, I used it alot. Anyway someone pointed me in the direction of silent toggle widget. I have it and it works great.

Midweststreetryders.com

AllForNaught

Reaction score
All you have to do is go to sounds, then vibrate, and select either 'never' or 'only when not in silent mode'

You don't need any apps or widgets.

Just long press the volume rocker down for one second and there's your silent mode.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Last edited:

prenedo

Reaction score
All you have to do is go to sounds, then vibrate, and select either 'never' or 'only when not in silent mode'

You don't need any apps or widgets.

Just long press the volume rocker down for one second and there's your silent mode.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Wow. I was hoping somebody was gonna answer the OP question. Hopefully you haven't d/l'd like 5 apps to try and silence your phone. You now have to toggle silent and vibrate in sound settings, as opposed to using the rocker button to do so. Gives more flexibility as to when it vibrates. I find it to be a PITA also though, as I toggle btwn vibrate and silent alot.

kjax016

Reaction score
Fascinate update and vibe mode

@AllForNaught

This doesn't give you an option for just VIBE, does it? I want to have the ability to have complete silent mode, vibe mode, and vibe + ring mode.

I tried what you recommended and it just gave me the ability to have silent mode and vibe+ring mode.