Phone won't go to silent mode.

flydoc

Reaction score
I am also upset about this. I have called and written Motorola about this. I use silent during the day, but at night, I used to flip the volume rocker switch to "x". Now if I forget, the phone vibrates all night as calls come in, unless I manually switch the vibrate off in the sound menu. I wish the phone could be charged with the phone off.

jdubs44

Reaction score
Got it!

I went into Verizon today with the technician to try and fix this issue...she thought she fixed it, but I found out she didn't. I was working with her for close to an hour and we found a widget called "Ring".

When you click it, it goes to vibrate, noise, or silent.

When you have it on noise, you can still toggle the volume on the side, and when you hit silent....everything goes silent.

Thank God for this widget!! dancedroid

cheerupemokid875

Reaction score
i'm also very unhappy with the upgrade. i used silent mode many times during the day it sucks to have to search through your phone when it use to be the hit of a button.

jdubs44

Reaction score
I went into Verizon today with the technician to try and fix this issue...she thought she fixed it, but I found out she didn't. I was working with her for close to an hour and we found a widget called "Ring".

When you have it on noise, you can still toggle the volume on the side, and when you hit silent....everything goes silent.

Sorry....the widget is called Silent Toggle Widget...NOT ring.

Sorry for the confusion!

austinnadz

Reaction score
widget fixed

I was having the same problem, it is incredibly annoying to not be able to go from sound to vibrate to silent. But the silent toggle widget above is a great fix, and it's small on your screen, good find!

line48

Reaction score
we shouldnt need an app to do the simplest of the damn simple functions

Jumper2pilot

Reaction score
Sorry....the widget is called Silent Toggle Widget...NOT ring. Sorry for the confusion!

I had gotten this about week before the update, the wifes phone would not go to silent so i bumped her this app and it works fine now...

THIS APP IS AWESOME, ONE TAP AND YOU CAN GO TO VIBE OR SILENT OR BACK TO FULL VOLUME...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sorry....the widget is called Silent Toggle Widget...NOT ring.

Sorry for the confusion!

The people who made Beautiful Widgets also make Beautiful Silent and Beautiful Vibrate. There is also a widget called Switch Pro which is like the Power widget, but is very customizable. You can add a button there to toggle between Vibrate, Silent and Full.

Methos

Reaction score
I received the update last night(8/18/2010) around 11:30pm. Just noticed today that my phone vibrate no longer works. Didn't start noticing until I saw my notification led blinking and then it said I missed 5 calls >.<

So right now it is either silent mode or ringer mode.

I'm having the same problem. My phone no longer vibrates with the ringer off or when I receive a text:frown: Is there anything we can do to fix the problem?

jsmoke

Reaction score
I dont understand the idea behind taking features away. it would make sense if people were complaining about it but thats obviously not the case. the apps listed on this thread work great but it was much easier to silent using the volume buttons. this will be a good test for verizon to see if they will listen to their customers.