Signal Strength

MrBewst

Reaction score
I agree, returning it Monday for Rezound

lawl, why don't you go get yourself a iPhone? I hear those always work.

...Now if you said a Razr, I wouldn't have lawled. Joking. To each his own. We'll see who gets the last laugh.

Regarding signal strength, I hear Moto's have some of the best radios in their units and Samsung's reputation hasn't always been the best on their choice of radios. No problems here after 3 days use.

For me, I don't care what the bars look like as that can deviate from phone to phone, manufacturer to manufacturer. Heck I am sitting 20 feet from my wireless router and I am getting 1 bar short of full signal on my laptop. I don't think that extra bar accounts to any points for speed or data quality.

My question, how is the call quality and speed (speedtest?).

Last edited:

punkee75

Reaction score
apps for volume and signal improvement...

I had the same issue as well as the "low ringer volume" and low volume in general; especially with my bluetooth....I found two app's that resolved my issues... on a side note...as far as the 'signal' and the limited bars showing, I often would have zero bars showing but no lost calls and the person I was speaking to always said they could hear me fine without any breaking up...makes me wonder if it's an issue with the way the signal is 'registering' on the phone itself; like a 'false-negative' result, so to speak...
anyways, here are the two app's I found that have corrected both issues for me:

poor volume control: AUDIO MANAGER PRO by Smart Android Apps LLC
and for:
poor signal: FRESH NETWORK PRO by McStealth

Hope this helps!
KL:biggrin:

MrBewst

Reaction score
I had the same issue as well as the "low ringer volume" and low volume in general; especially with my bluetooth....I found two app's that resolved my issues... on a side note...as far as the 'signal' and the limited bars showing, I often would have zero bars showing but no lost calls and the person I was speaking to always said they could hear me fine without any breaking up...makes me wonder if it's an issue with the way the signal is 'registering' on the phone itself; like a 'false-negative' result, so to speak...
anyways, here are the two app's I found that have corrected both issues for me:

poor volume control: AUDIO MANAGER PRO by Smart Android Apps LLC
and for:
poor signal: FRESH NETWORK PRO by McStealth

Hope this helps!
KL:biggrin:

I am looking into these apps, thanks for the suggestion. As for low ringer volume, some ringers seem louder than others to me. As for the bars, as I said, the number of bars might not be a determinant on how your call quality will be. For comparison, when my x2 got the gingerbread update, the battery indicator seemed to have change for various power levels. Try to get quantitative data for comparison if possible.

punkee75

Reaction score
Signal strength is weak for me to. I can one little tiny bar on 4G and two on 3g. Got 5 on my OG droid. Between weak signal, poor call quality, low volume, avg camera, no contact syncing with FB, file transfer difficulties with my Mac, I'm getting a sinking feeling in my gut.

Anyone think these things can be fixed with some OTA updates? Or are these hardware issues with no remedy?

Hi 'holdout'... I have to tell ya, I feel your 'pain'...been dealing with the same 'sinking feeling in my gut' since I got my G.NEXUS on Thurs. ... I don't have 4G in my area yet, but it's close and places all around me have it, so my daughter (who also got the phone) has had the 4G exposure in her travels the past few days.
I posted in a few places some app's I've found that have helped improve the overall function of my NEXUS; helping to ease my anxiety of (and I hate to say this) 'regret'...on a 'side note', I was one of the MANY hanging on every rumor of the release of the NEXUS...finally had enough after the Nov 29th rumor was proven as yet another 'rumor' and I went and got the Razr...WHAT AN AWESOME PHONE! NO COMPLAINTS!...so, "why the heck did you trade it in???" Well, the answer is simple: one: the MAJOR reason: the bigger screen! two: my curiousity of ICS! ... The 'tentative' release for the ICS update for the Razr was SUPPOSE to be in Jan. but, like with everything else, the dates are being kicked out & 'tentative'...we all know how THAT works when it comes to verizon!...And so, I went and got the NEXUS...I had to trade it in within less than 24 hrs cuz my device CRASHED! Black screened; scrambled screen...just 'shut down'! My daughters was fine, so I presumed it was just a bad phone in and of itself...so I got another...now I've been dealing with the 'little' annoying things like everyone else...so, with that long winded intro (sorry, I'm a talker! lol) here are some observations and apps I've found to help 'ease the pain', so-to-speak, and improve the issues I've had:
signal indicator: In my house, my husbands Droid X has a steady 4 bars...the Razr had the same...but the NEXUS only shows ONE, on a good day! BUT, even though the indicator says 1 or no-bars, my calls are clear, I don't 'lose' calls, and the ppl I speak to say they can hear me fine without any breaking up...this makes me wonder if it's just an inaccurate signal indicator...but, I did download an app to help and it does give me extra bars...it's called: FRESH NETWORK PRO by McStealth...

VOLUME CONTROL ISSUES:
this was a MAJOR problem for me...best word: INCONSISTANT! I couldn't understand why, but it was..and annoying as hell! The worst was, after buying THREE different high-end bluetooth units to go with my NEXUS, just to find out the app's were not compatible with ICS yet (very annoying!!!) I finally found the Droid CommanderOne that works well with the NEXUS...it even identifies it by name at start up! BUT, "My Motospeak", the app for all the 'extras' like speech to text and text to speech, was not compatible! This left me searching high and low for an app that would be compatible (which, thanks to another member on here, I did find!) BUT THEN, the audio of the text to speech waas lower than a wisper!! So, after many more hours of searching, I found another app that corrects ALL volume issues, including my bluetooth one! Its called: AUDIO MANAGER PRO by Smart Android apps. LLC...this is a MUST HAVE!
I hope this helps!
Best of luck!
KL