Signal Strength

9wire

Reaction score
Read of some 4g issues, but no LTE where I live, thing is, I only have 2 bars at home on 3g, where I had 5 on my x. Went to buy a case today at VZW, showed the girl there, she agreed it's definitely weaker than we're used to seeing. Anybody else notice this? Fixes?

akhi216

Reaction score
Many have said that a factory reset after update solved the problem.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP

9wire

Reaction score
Tried that, no improvement and lost about 15gb of music and stuff.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
or stop worrying about it.

/edit/ and so a factory reset wipes the entire internal memory, user defined storage and all? what a shame, i know i wont be buying a phone without external storage ever in my life.

akhi216

Reaction score
Tried that, no improvement and lost about 15gb of music and stuff.

or stop worrying about it.

/edit/ and so a factory reset wipes the entire internal memory, user defined storage and all? what a shame, i know i wont be buying a phone without external storage ever in my life.

Is there not an option to not format/erase data when performing a factory reset?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

holdout

Reaction score
Signal strength is weak for me to. I can one little tiny bar on 4G and two on 3g. Got 5 on my OG droid. Between weak signal, poor call quality, low volume, avg camera, no contact syncing with FB, file transfer difficulties with my Mac, I'm getting a sinking feeling in my gut.

Anyone think these things can be fixed with some OTA updates? Or are these hardware issues with no remedy?

mtpeke

Reaction score
Feeling the same way as I have been plating to update for a whole. Crappy plastic back, barely hear it ring or vibrate, wifi not working, 4g not at house, poor cell at house. I got the org droid with in a day or two of release and it worked great out of the box.

just4747

Reaction score
Dude volume and vibrate work fine. Wifi works fine. The battery door is perfect and i love how it is snapped on and removed. It is so secure and feels good. Not sure why u think those are issues.

mtpeke

Reaction score
Not a dude :biggrin: my phone may be a dud but you can barely hear it ring even when turned up and you are in a quiet room, my wifi is not functioning at all and coming from the Droid Og I don't care for the plastic back, I like the metal one better.

astokes

Reaction score
Metal door on my OG droid was a pain, always sliding off in my pocket. I too get lower signals but dont get any negative affects. Only issue im having is my wifi keeps timimg out.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Seeing the same signal strength issue, thinking of trying the factory reset. So far only apps loaded and no music. This could be fixed with a baseband update, OGD had same problem OOB.

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
Feeling the same way as I have been plating to update for a whole. Crappy plastic back, barely hear it ring or vibrate, wifi not working, 4g not at house, poor cell at house. I got the org droid with in a day or two of release and it worked great out of the box.

I agree, returning it Monday for Rezound