Signal Strength

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by 9wire, Dec 16, 2011.

1. 9wire

9wire New Member

Read of some 4g issues, but no LTE where I live, thing is, I only have 2 bars at home on 3g, where I had 5 on my x. Went to buy a case today at VZW, showed the girl there, she agreed it's definitely weaker than we're used to seeing. Anybody else notice this? Fixes?
  2. akhi216

akhi216 Member

Many have said that a factory reset after update solved the problem.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  3. 9wire

9wire New Member

Tried that, no improvement and lost about 15gb of music and stuff.
  4. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

or stop worrying about it.

/edit/ and so a factory reset wipes the entire internal memory, user defined storage and all? what a shame, i know i wont be buying a phone without external storage ever in my life.
  5. akhi216

akhi216 Member

Is there not an option to not format/erase data when performing a factory reset?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  6. 9wire

9wire New Member

Not that I saw.
  7. holdout

holdout New Member

Signal strength is weak for me to. I can one little tiny bar on 4G and two on 3g. Got 5 on my OG droid. Between weak signal, poor call quality, low volume, avg camera, no contact syncing with FB, file transfer difficulties with my Mac, I'm getting a sinking feeling in my gut.

Anyone think these things can be fixed with some OTA updates? Or are these hardware issues with no remedy?
  8. mtpeke

mtpeke New Member

Feeling the same way as I have been plating to update for a whole. Crappy plastic back, barely hear it ring or vibrate, wifi not working, 4g not at house, poor cell at house. I got the org droid with in a day or two of release and it worked great out of the box.
  9. just4747

just4747 New Member

Dude volume and vibrate work fine. Wifi works fine. The battery door is perfect and i love how it is snapped on and removed. It is so secure and feels good. Not sure why u think those are issues.
  10. mtpeke

mtpeke New Member

Not a dude :biggrin: my phone may be a dud but you can barely hear it ring even when turned up and you are in a quiet room, my wifi is not functioning at all and coming from the Droid Og I don't care for the plastic back, I like the metal one better.
  11. astokes

astokes New Member

Metal door on my OG droid was a pain, always sliding off in my pocket. I too get lower signals but dont get any negative affects. Only issue im having is my wifi keeps timimg out.
  12. lumpysherman

lumpysherman New Member

Seeing the same signal strength issue, thinking of trying the factory reset. So far only apps loaded and no music. This could be fixed with a baseband update, OGD had same problem OOB.
  13. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

is the signal strength back for you guys?
  14. CdzNutz

CdzNutz New Member

I agree, returning it Monday for Rezound
  15. just4747

just4747 New Member

lmao
  16. MrBewst

MrBewst New Member

lawl, why don't you go get yourself a iPhone? I hear those always work.

...Now if you said a Razr, I wouldn't have lawled. Joking. To each his own. We'll see who gets the last laugh.

Regarding signal strength, I hear Moto's have some of the best radios in their units and Samsung's reputation hasn't always been the best on their choice of radios. No problems here after 3 days use.

For me, I don't care what the bars look like as that can deviate from phone to phone, manufacturer to manufacturer. Heck I am sitting 20 feet from my wireless router and I am getting 1 bar short of full signal on my laptop. I don't think that extra bar accounts to any points for speed or data quality.

My question, how is the call quality and speed (speedtest?).
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  17. punkee75

punkee75 New Member

apps for volume and signal improvement...

I had the same issue as well as the "low ringer volume" and low volume in general; especially with my bluetooth....I found two app's that resolved my issues... on a side note...as far as the 'signal' and the limited bars showing, I often would have zero bars showing but no lost calls and the person I was speaking to always said they could hear me fine without any breaking up...makes me wonder if it's an issue with the way the signal is 'registering' on the phone itself; like a 'false-negative' result, so to speak...
    anyways, here are the two app's I found that have corrected both issues for me:

poor volume control: AUDIO MANAGER PRO by Smart Android Apps LLC
    and for:
    poor signal: FRESH NETWORK PRO by McStealth

Hope this helps!
    KL:biggrin:
  18. MrBewst

MrBewst New Member

I am looking into these apps, thanks for the suggestion. As for low ringer volume, some ringers seem louder than others to me. As for the bars, as I said, the number of bars might not be a determinant on how your call quality will be. For comparison, when my x2 got the gingerbread update, the battery indicator seemed to have change for various power levels. Try to get quantitative data for comparison if possible.
  19. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

20. punkee75

punkee75 New Member

Signal strength is weak for me to. I can one little tiny bar on 4G and two on 3g. Got 5 on my OG droid. Between weak signal, poor call quality, low volume, avg camera, no contact syncing with FB, file transfer difficulties with my Mac, I'm getting a sinking feeling in my gut.

Anyone think these things can be fixed with some OTA updates? Or are these hardware issues with no remedy?

Hi 'holdout'... I have to tell ya, I feel your 'pain'...been dealing with the same 'sinking feeling in my gut' since I got my G.NEXUS on Thurs. ... I don't have 4G in my area yet, but it's close and places all around me have it, so my daughter (who also got the phone) has had the 4G exposure in her travels the past few days.
    I posted in a few places some app's I've found that have helped improve the overall function of my NEXUS; helping to ease my anxiety of (and I hate to say this) 'regret'...on a 'side note', I was one of the MANY hanging on every rumor of the release of the NEXUS...finally had enough after the Nov 29th rumor was proven as yet another 'rumor' and I went and got the Razr...WHAT AN AWESOME PHONE! NO COMPLAINTS!...so, "why the heck did you trade it in???" Well, the answer is simple: one: the MAJOR reason: the bigger screen! two: my curiousity of ICS! ... The 'tentative' release for the ICS update for the Razr was SUPPOSE to be in Jan. but, like with everything else, the dates are being kicked out & 'tentative'...we all know how THAT works when it comes to verizon!...And so, I went and got the NEXUS...I had to trade it in within less than 24 hrs cuz my device CRASHED! Black screened; scrambled screen...just 'shut down'! My daughters was fine, so I presumed it was just a bad phone in and of itself...so I got another...now I've been dealing with the 'little' annoying things like everyone else...so, with that long winded intro (sorry, I'm a talker! lol) here are some observations and apps I've found to help 'ease the pain', so-to-speak, and improve the issues I've had:
    signal indicator: In my house, my husbands Droid X has a steady 4 bars...the Razr had the same...but the NEXUS only shows ONE, on a good day! BUT, even though the indicator says 1 or no-bars, my calls are clear, I don't 'lose' calls, and the ppl I speak to say they can hear me fine without any breaking up...this makes me wonder if it's just an inaccurate signal indicator...but, I did download an app to help and it does give me extra bars...it's called: FRESH NETWORK PRO by McStealth...

VOLUME CONTROL ISSUES:
    this was a MAJOR problem for me...best word: INCONSISTANT! I couldn't understand why, but it was..and annoying as hell! The worst was, after buying THREE different high-end bluetooth units to go with my NEXUS, just to find out the app's were not compatible with ICS yet (very annoying!!!) I finally found the Droid CommanderOne that works well with the NEXUS...it even identifies it by name at start up! BUT, "My Motospeak", the app for all the 'extras' like speech to text and text to speech, was not compatible! This left me searching high and low for an app that would be compatible (which, thanks to another member on here, I did find!) BUT THEN, the audio of the text to speech waas lower than a wisper!! So, after many more hours of searching, I found another app that corrects ALL volume issues, including my bluetooth one! Its called: AUDIO MANAGER PRO by Smart Android apps. LLC...this is a MUST HAVE!
    I hope this helps!
    Best of luck!
    KL
Search tags for this page

galaxy s4 4g lte signal strength

galaxy s4 signal strength issues

signal for feeling.the same.way