Signal issues last few weeks

gottcha

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has been having issues with there signal? The last week or two mine is almost gone (3G). I had full bars at work in 3G and had no problem surfing the web or listeninto pandora. Now I hardly ever get a 3G signal. Pandora will open play part of a song then stop and try to find the signal. I switch from AT&T because I couldn't use my phone at work or at home now im getting the same crappy sevice. Any one what's going on? By the way im in southeastern wisconsin. And when I got the phone I had great coverage at work and at home!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thinman72069

Reaction score
For the first time since I got my DX (mid December) my signal was at 1G for a short while at the office some time earlier this week. But it's always at 3G otherwise.
Still, I'm suspicious as to why all the sudden it went down. I've just never seen it do that.

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
I tried this and irt seems to work. Dial*228 and select option 2 let it do its thing and it will tell you when you done.

igknight

Reaction score
This has been reported a few times in these forms, find that interesting.

A few weeks ago my DX would get nothing but 1x. I did the *228 option 1 (recently found out about option 2), nothing worked. Finally pulled my batt for close to 20 minutes, put it back in, now all is well.

Jordan8

Reaction score
This has been reported a few times in these forms, find that interesting.

A few weeks ago my DX would get nothing but 1x. I did the *228 option 1 (recently found out about option 2), nothing worked. Finally pulled my batt for close to 20 minutes, put it back in, now all is well.

Same thing ^ but I just turned on airplane mode for 10mins or so.

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
So far the *228 seems to have worked. Ill see what else I can findout. But having this phone act like my old atandt phone was unacceptable.

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
Well I tried the 228 trick at home and I still don't get a signal!

farsfam

Reaction score
I to have the x had it 6 months now and u love it no problems ever till past few days no 3g service 1x signal is low called c/s the have no idea what's going on please help need my 3g

farsfam

Reaction score
Have been able to turn phone off then back on 3g will work for a bit then quits working i have dine the whole 228 option 2 but no luck

csrozier

Reaction score
I too have seen alot of signal drops and changes with my DX. Do you think it may have something to do with them working on the towers getting them ready for the 4G LTE network and the new releases coming out errrhmmmm THE THUNDERBOLD AND BIONIC :) :)

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
Whatever is causing this sigal issues is dealt pu$$ing me off! If it them workin on some towers they should know something when u call CS. I really hope this has nothing to do with the massive amount of Iphones.........

csrozier

Reaction score
What is the *228 dial function for? Sorry for my ignorance on this

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
I found it on the web searching to see where my signal went. It resets the phone roaming signal from what the prints tell you.

csrozier

Reaction score
Yea I dialed the number and it asked to activate phone or do something with the roaming function if u press 2...so if I press 2 it will reset my roaming and potentially better my signal in places that aren't that great?

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
From what I have read YES. it seemed to work while I was at work but no change at my house.