Having signal issues

droidx38

Reaction score
After having my DroidX for almost a year now I have just recently started noticing that I don't have very good 3g or phone use signal at home like I used to. Both consistently come and go without warning. Is there any way to check or change any settings that would help? I did the *228 thing for roaming but of course that had no affect. Any ideas?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting into recovery and weeping the cache partition?

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

OP
D

droidx38

Reaction score
I haven't because I don't know how. Did a search here but didn't find a direct answer on how to do it. I'm still using froyo if that makes a difference on how its done if someone has directions. Thanks

Savagerun

Reaction score
I haven't because I don't know how. Did a search here but didn't find a direct answer on how to do it. I'm still using froyo if that makes a difference on how its done if someone has directions. Thanks

To get in stock recovery power off your phone. Next press the home button then power button and hold both in till you see a triangle on the screen. Then release the buttons and press the search button (far right button). Next scroll down with your volume button to wipe cache partition and select it with your camera button. Then select yes to wipe cache. Once the cache is wiped then select reboot system.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nguyenlm

Reaction score
i have the same problem.
3g drops to 1x.

I've tried full wipes and rom switches. but the problem still exists.

**sidenote**
running liberty3. data connection was perfect the first few weeks i used the rom.