No Service - Reception Issue

sooner2k1

Reaction score
Has anybody else had an issue with their phone completely dropping cell signal? I've had an ongoing problems with my original Droid X (returned due to speaker issue) and my new Droid X on Verizon here in OKC. I will have full signal and really good download & upload speeds, then all of a sudden the phone will say "No Service". A restart fixes this every single time.

I can be sitting right next to my wife who has an Incredible and still has full signal. It also doesn't seem to be depending on strength of cell signal, since it happens at work (downtown OKC) and at home (further from towers).

It has happened probably 20 times over the last month, but I've checked the forums and haven't really seen any complaints other than the 3G vs 1X switching issues. I don't really mind those, I just want to have some sort of signal.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

kylec922

Reaction score
Check my thread, I have that issue all of the time. No signal what so ever. It just dropped off one day. Never to come back.

barski

Reaction score
Has anybody else had an issue with their phone completely dropping cell signal? I've had an ongoing problems with my original Droid X (returned due to speaker issue) and my new Droid X on Verizon here in OKC. I will have full signal and really good download & upload speeds, then all of a sudden the phone will say "No Service". A restart fixes this every single time.

I can be sitting right next to my wife who has an Incredible and still has full signal. It also doesn't seem to be depending on strength of cell signal, since it happens at work (downtown OKC) and at home (further from towers).

It has happened probably 20 times over the last month, but I've checked the forums and haven't really seen any complaints other than the 3G vs 1X switching issues. I don't really mind those, I just want to have some sort of signal.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

I had that happen once but the phone reset itself and it was all good. Still not sure what caused it.

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
The signal on my X isn't as good as the signal on my Droid was, that's for sure.. it hasn't really caused any issues or dropped calls, I just notice that I am in 1x instead of 3g more often than i was on my Droid... (which is still pretty rare).. I had a different baseband installed on my Droid though.. don't know if that had anything to do with it...

esmtexas

Reaction score
Returning DX due to coverage and resets

I have not been happy with DX signal strength and similar issues with bars dropping to none as soon as a call is answered or placed, as well as calls going to VM without ringing. Also having resets. Exchanging for an Incredible.

fishstick600

Reaction score
I've had that happen a few times. It only started about 3 days ago but every once in a while ill lose 3g and the signal and then the phone fixes itself. It has to be a software issue if its happening to a lot of people. I did* 228 and hit option 2 and haven't had a signal issue in over 24 hours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
I'm really hoping this will fix itself if someone hacks the bootloader and we can just install a custom/upgraded baseband like we did w/ the Droid 1.. when I installed the upgraded basebands on the Droid I noticed a huge performance in signal strength and reliability... like I said before, it's not an issue of dropping calls, it's just an issue of having a more stable connection...