Should I upgrade to the G-Nex?

map11586

Reaction score
warped1987 said:
I wish Best Buy offered the double data for 4G phones like VZW does, then I wouldn't have to even consider worrying with 4GB of data per month, lol

Correct me if I'm wrong but the double data you're mentioning was a special Verizon had about a month or two ago but that ended. Pretty sure you can get the same plans either place.
I'm in the same place as you though and had a rooted D2 and now have a Dinc2. It's on its last leg and i have an upgrade available but can't make up my mind about what to get. I've heard bad things about Samsung radios so I'm a little hesitant but am not impressed at all with the screen on the RAZR maxx. Good luck with your decision!

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but the double data you're mentioning was a special Verizon had about a month or two ago but that ended. Pretty sure you can get the same plans either place.
I'm in the same place as you though and had a rooted D2 and now have a Dinc2. It's on its last leg and i have an upgrade available but can't make up my mind about what to get. I've heard bad things about Samsung radios so I'm a little hesitant but am not impressed at all with the screen on the RAZR maxx. Good luck with your decision!

Yeah they ended that unfortunately, found out yesterday. Oh well, I'm fine with 2GB data plan, I will never go over it with the amount of time I do things with wifi.

Cool to see someone else in my shoes, lol. I don't like the RAZR, way too thin of a phone, and I absolutely HATE Motorola now after my D2G. They are just bad with their phones, but who knows now that they are Googorola. It's hard for me to turn down a previous flagship phone that still holds its own, that happens to be free, and will get updates on time like it's supposed to, unlike Moto.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
My next question is, what model is the US version of the Nexus, the i515 I saw or the i9250, because I've been looking at cases on ebay for the past 2 days, lol. I want one that's thin and can just go right on for some extra safety, and then I'm looking at a nice bulky one like the Tridents, Seidio....not otterbox yuck. I like be able to switch cases around.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
Here's some I've had my eye on. For heavier duty:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Silicone-Faceplate-Case-for-Samsung-GALAXY-Nexus-Verizon-Sprint-SCH-I515-/180839470457?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2a1adf5579#ht_1739wt_1163]EMPIRE Dual Armor Soft&Hard Case Cover Black&Green for Samsung Galaxy Nexus 886571726354 | eBay

F[/URL]or lighter duty:
Image Nintendo Game Boy Back Cover Hard Skin Case for Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 | eBaythe thing I don't like about that style is that it doesn't cover the top and bottom edges of the phone completely)
Retro look Game Console Black Hard Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 | eBaysame problem with that, not full coverage, but they are both pretty ballin with their graphics! lol)