Should I go to Droid 2 or stay with the Droid 1?

Reaction score
Trust me, I wouldn't be using a Droid 2 if it had no/crappy ROMs... it outperforms my d1 on a lot of things, and retains battery better while doing it... if that weren't the case, I'd still be on my og :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sure there are roms and what not for the d2 but i think the d1 has tons more and had a much bigger dev community in it's prime even now it's still being deved for and it's basically a dinosaur i guess but i still love my d1 even as i approach the end of my contract i still think i'll be messing a lot with my d1 it'll be a great test device

Inverse

Reaction score
Yeah but, once you find a solid~ sick rom, you don't really wander. I mean, I guess that's what some people do, but really? Someone is going to outdo the other, and then you get that and use it forever. Unless you're addicted to watching the flash process go.

With Liberty and now Gingerbread on the D2~ the door is wide open for the phone to only improve. It's better hardware, and a solid phone. Maybe it doesn't have Cyanogenmod (yet~ with GB on this, it won't be long), but people keep blowing the locked bootloader out of proportion at the moment. It sucked some months ago, definitely~ but we're well into this phone's life.

I'd rather have five solid roms available for my phone than twelve and only two that are interesting.

Reaction score
Ya I'm on rooted gb right now, will switch to liberty gb when I can... have cm7 on my d1 right now... I'd usually switch through ROMs a lot but cm has been kicking it up a notch lately... I'm a big bugless beast fan too...

OP
anchellada

anchellada

Reaction score
I decided to go with the droid 2.
I was getting really sick of the lag and other things of the type with my droid 1 so i figure 2 would be better with that. The thing with all the other droids besides these two, is that theyre all HUGE to me. i even think the dx is too big. See i have these really tiny hands.... and i cant even hold the droid x comfortably. it just... feels huge. (thats what she said) but seriously why do they need to make all these phones so BIG?!
Another reason i chose the droid two is just to have something different. i mean why not? ive already had the full experience with the d1 so why not move on? amirite??

Reaction score
Droid 2 isn't bad, I like playing with phones a lot... and it had one HECK of a learning curve coming from d1... I bootlooped the thing like EVERY day the first week and a 1/2 I had it lol... made me a lot better with Rdp/sbfs hehehe!