Should i stay with my Droid 3 or change it to Razr?

alice6636

Reaction score
The thing is im really worried about the battery life on razr.. and its not global ready
the big screen it had may not fit me so well cuz i have small hands and ill have to pay about maybe 100+ bucks extra to get it

the D3 is thick enough compared to the razr ..
if im going to add an extra 3500mAH battery extend then the phone is gonna look awful.
i want something that is thinner and lighter to hold on

gerrrrrr... frustrated :(
should i stay with my Droid 3 or change it to Razr? any suggestions?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you seen one in person yet?

Go to the store and compare them and see if you could live with the razr. Keep in mind you'll probably have to carry a charger around just in case and no just another battery.

OP
A

alice6636

Reaction score
Have you seen one in person yet?

Go to the store and compare them and see if you could live with the razr. Keep in mind you'll probably have to carry a charger around just in case and no just another battery.

i did had a glance at the razr few days ago but maybe i will go back tomorrow to get a hands on.
carry a charger around is not my thing cuz I usually just go out with my keys, phone, money... i guess i will have to get use to bring a charger in my pocket if i am getting the razr

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i did had a glance at the razr few days ago but maybe i will go back tomorrow to get a hands on.
carry a charger around is not my thing cuz I usually just go out with my keys, phone, money... i guess i will have to get use to bring a charger in my pocket if i am getting the razr

I recommend you get your hands on it instead of just looking at it. If you're happy with your D3 then there really isn't any reason to change, unless you want the latest.

I don't think the Razr battery life is that bad, but keeping a car charger or spare usb cable in your backpack would be handy (with so many computers available everywhere you don't really need a wall charger, I carry an extra usb cable in my backpack just in case:)) I have car chargers in each of my cars so I've covered there too. Unless I'm traveling I leave my backup battery at home anyways.

OP
A

alice6636

Reaction score
I recommend you get your hands on it instead of just looking at it. If you're happy with your D3 then there really isn't any reason to change, unless you want the latest.

I don't think the Razr battery life is that bad, but keeping a car charger or spare usb cable in your backpack would be handy (with so many computers available everywhere you don't really need a wall charger, I carry an extra usb cable in my backpack just in case:)) I have car chargers in each of my cars so I've covered there too. Unless I'm traveling I leave my backup battery at home anyways.

Yes i'll go for a hands on tomorrow... the battery thing terrifies me cuz my D3 is not doing so well at all
Anyways. Thank you for replyng:)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes i'll go for a hands on tomorrow... the battery thing terrifies me cuz my D3 is not doing so well at all
Anyways. Thank you for replyng:)

Well again, the Razr is supposed to have some pretty good battery life, but of course that's subjective. Depending on what you use your phone for really decides the battery. Being a long time owner of probably the most notorious phone for horrible battery life, I can make my battery last all day. Usually I charge my phone in the middle of the day when I hit around 65% til about 90% and that lasts me til end of my day, usually around midnight or a little later. My typical day 4 days a week starts at 7:30am and I usually get back home around 2 and charge the phone. I have everything automatic turned off and it does save battery.

If you can manage like I do and have easy access to a usb port or wall socket, you'll be fine with the razr. However, since you're worried about screen being too big and battery life not being enough, those are two major negatives towards it already. Your D3 screen size is good enough you say and the removable battery means you can have a spare battery lying around just in case. If I were you, and unless I really like/want the razr, I'd just stick with the D3. Rather save more money now than get a sure I'm not absolutely sure about getting.

Just my 2 cents and I'm glad to help :)

Last edited: