Should I buy RAZR over RAZR Maxx if cheap?

kjtriplett

Reaction score
The manager at our local Verizon store has offered us what I think is a really good deal on 2 RAZR phones. He says he can give us 2 RAZRs for $185 with a $100 MIR (so 2 for $85 after MIR). If we wanted RAZR Maxx instead it would be $295 (for 2 phones with no MIR).

What do you guys think? I know the RAZR and the RAZR Maxx are basically identical except for the battery and form factor. Is the battery in the RAZR sufficient that we should just go for it since its such a good deal? Or should we consider something else completely like the Nexus?

ryanr509

Reaction score
Depends on what kind of user u are. If u get good battery life that lasts all day out of your previous phones I'd say get the RAZR as it will have better battery than previous smart phones. If u have wished for more battery life put of your previous phones just go with the maxx. Personally I regret getting the RAZR I wish I would have got a maxx

tonyjh63

Reaction score
Sounds like a great deal to me...i opted for the Razr myself...i don't have a problem charging my phone everyday!

OP
K

kjtriplett

Reaction score
I have a fascinate now and I just plug in every time i am near an outlet/computer. It's not particularly fun but not a total dealbreaker. Granted its also a 2+ year phone so I'm sure the battery isn't at peak potential anymore. How long does the battery on the RAZR last? I typically use my phone off and on all day for web browsing/facebook/calendar/task list. I don't do much video watching or music.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There is another difference in the razr and the maxx. In hand feel. The razr feels sharper if you will. Also its battery life is better, and so is its resale value, trade in value as well. But two razrs for 85$ is a good offer. They're clearing em out it seems.

That hopefully means something new is on the way :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
K

kjtriplett

Reaction score
How about support? Since the RAZR and the RAZR Maxx are basically the same...will the RAZR get updates at the same time the Maxx does? Or do you think Verizon is just going to screw over RAZR users?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How about support? Since the RAZR and the RAZR Maxx are basically the same...will the RAZR get updates at the same time the Maxx does? Or do you think Verizon is just going to screw over RAZR users?

They update at the same time. At least they have been.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd say this about battery life.....depending on the person IF you get to the end of the day with a Razr and have 20% battery left -vs- the Maxx at day end with 40% what does it matter because you are going to charge both anyway.
My DX2 got to day end and so does the Maxx. Maxx takes 4 hours to charge, the X2 took 1 1/2 hr.
Both great phones as 94lt1 said (about the Razr) the tactile feel in the hand is a factor as well.
Factor in a possible case and that can be negated as well.

OP
K

kjtriplett

Reaction score
I'm just trying to sort out if all the hype about the RAZR Maxx is solely because of the battery life or if the phone itself is worthwhile. In other words, if the Maxx were not on the market, would the RAZR be the top dog?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes/ no don't rule out the nexus. Its coming into its own. The ota they just released, fixed the radios (i think).

The razr is a great device, so it would definitely be running with the pack of top dogs.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
If you want to use a case & car dock, the Razr car dock supports standard size cases, that Maxx car dock only supports naked. Also if you spend a lot of time driving & use a car dock you phone can be charging so even as a heavy using you may not need to use a wall charger until bedtime with the Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

m3incorp

Reaction score
2 Razrs for $85 is a hard to beat deal...period. The difference is the battery. I would just buy a $40 external battery charger to go with them and then you don't have to worry about the difference in battery life between the Razr and Razr Maxx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
42.50 per phone... is a good deal

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
In a way I wish I would've gotten the Maxx, but this phone charges so slowly anyway, the Maxx would take forever! Thats my only complaint. I wouldn't see where you couldn't make it at least a full day on a regular Razr

Caesars

Reaction score
if you can get two maxxs for 300 , that's one heck of a deal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2