Cheapest razr maxx upgrade price?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The mystery continues! Do you know if 4g is coming to your area soon?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Rofl! I am so sorry! The least they could do is get you some 4g up there. I didn't even think dial - up still existed, lol!

Natey2

Reaction score
I've been to two different Verizon stores, online chat 3x, talked to two reps on the phone. All of them say the Maxx is $199 and no breaks!

Take this ad with you:
5/29/2012: http://www.frys.com/ads/page5

Ad at bottom right corner say $99 for Droid Razr Maxx. I haven't had time to go down to Frys this weekend, and they haven't replied to my email for confirmation.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Or order online from fry's.

Natey2

Reaction score
Or order online from fry's.

I'd say customer service at a Verizon store will be better, if they are willing to match the price in the ad.
I had one bad experience with ordering my DroidX online from letstalk.com - they said they were out of stock and made me wait for months to ship one out to me, about 2 years ago.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Verizon won't match the price in the ad but they will still cover the warranty and service for the phone.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My uneducated guess regarding the free upgrade into the Maxx is that they maybe had a really old 3g phone, were out of contract a long time, or they just got REALLY damn lucky!

OP
B

Brad91

Reaction score
Well my sister has an upgrade and she us on her 4th HTC incredible 2 they keep sending her refurbished ones that quit working ...what would be the best possible way to go about getting her a nice phone upgrade for cheap or free? A maxx would be nice like others seem to be getting for free but I never have any luck with Verizon!

Papaw314

Reaction score
jackiescivic said:
My uneducated guess regarding the free upgrade into the Maxx is that they maybe had a really old 3g phone, were out of contract a long time, or they just got REALLY damn lucky!

Guess I fall into the latter category because I had a DroidX2 and my contract didnt expire until 10/30/12.

toneyl

Reaction score

My guess is REALLY damn lucky (which I am not). I had the Droid OG and was eligible for an upgrade 7/11 and was just waiting for the right phone. Almost went with the Bionic but then I saw the MAXX. EDIT: I've seen some that were offered EARLY free upgrades and some who were out of contract.

Still kinda mad but I'll get over it when I get my phone and start playing with it dancedroid

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
They let me upgrade about 10 months early also :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Papaw314

Reaction score
mysticalmalissa said:
Are you by chance in the south east? I'm wondering if this is a regional thing?

Yes, North Carolina. What makes you think that?