Shortcuts on home screen are loading slow

mjp81

Reaction score
I've had a problem where every other time I use the home button, the wallpaper will show but the shortcut icons will not load for a couple seconds, then the main screen icons load but they are unresponsive, then a few seconds later the rest of the home screens will load and only then will it let me slide to them.

Initially, I thought I just had to clear out the cache from my browsers and other apps, and it seemed to work for a short while, but then it started up again. Is there a bad app that causes this, or is it something that 2.1 fixes? I have 139MB in available space so it can't be lack of memory, can it?

It happens on both my regular home and HelixLauncher. I do keep 5 screens on Helix and the extra ones are filled with mostly widgets. Could that be a reason?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hello mjp81,

Yes Helix is giving people some issues. You may want to uninstall it and see how the device runs.

You should see a vast performance increase.

Keep us posted

OP
M

mjp81

Reaction score
Well, I did say that it happened both in Helix and the regular home launcher. Sure enough, after uninstalling Helix and playing with a few apps, it happened again. BTW, this happened both before and after the 2.1 update.

Any other ideas?

eloist

Reaction score
I have this problem also. I'm rooted, running Bugless v0.9
It happened to me really bad with every version of Cyanogenmod

Close friend of mine has the same thing happening, he is stock 2.1

extremely frustrating!
I can't take it much longer honestly.

Sometimes it takes 15 seconds for my widgets and icons to load.

Unacceptable.:mad:

eloist

Reaction score
i went back to stock today and my phone does not lag anymore.....

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine has been doing this occasionally since owning it... stock or rooted. Not every time though

iclickjohn

Reaction score
Me 2. W/ helix. Then, any 5 screen apps that dont lag? Does rooted and overclock resolve? I sometimes cant swipe to answer due 2 freeze. Not good.