SholesMod Updater 2.0.1 Step by Step (Sticky?)

jets91090

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what it means to "root" your phone and what this app really does? Kinda confused with all this ROM talk and rooting.

peterjariel

Reaction score
camel,
do you know when 2.0.4 will be out. My maps is still not working.I really don't want to wipe all my data. Thanks t

I had gone to 2.0.3 the first time and the maps and browser wasn't working well so I. Downloaded the 2.0.2 and it was working fine(this was about 3 days ago) now today I tryed 2.0.3 again because 2.0.2 was getting slow for some reason and every thing works perfect so try uninstalling2.0.3 and instaling it again. I don't know if that's goin to work for you but it doesn't hurt to try. Let me know how it goes

peterjariel

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what it means to "root" your phone and what this app really does? Kinda confused with all this ROM talk and rooting.

All I know is that rooting makes this app work and this app is the sh** this ROM gives you all or almost all the 2.1 features and more; like 3d gallery, 3d app drawer, overclock abilities, 5 screens, a whole bunch of widgets, smoke glass theme (nice) and a whole bunch of other things I can't think of now lol but its great u should try it and if u don't like it ( I doubt it) u can always go back to stock.

neemo6

Reaction score
Just noticed an auto brightness app after installing the rom. What exactly does this do, nothing happens when I click on any of the options.

scheng12

Reaction score
I just downloaded this and flashed the ROM. I'm in the middle of the SPRecovery step and its hanging at Dumping data.tar. Is this normal? Its been here for like 10 minutes now...

cisco0910

Reaction score
I just downloaded this and flashed the ROM. I'm in the middle of the SPRecovery step and its hanging at Dumping data.tar. Is this normal? Its been here for like 10 minutes now...
next step you should see is at very top it'll ask you to wipe data or save it. Save it would be ideal

scheng12

Reaction score
I'm not at the step yet. The bar is stuck under Dumping data.tar. Its at like 90%

scheng12

Reaction score
Thanks. The pull worked and it fully installed. Now that its rooted, can I just flash any ROM to it by following the instructions for the ROM?