SholesMod Updater 2.0.1 Step by Step (Sticky?)

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Whelp...

I selected remember and then allow. I am now at
SM updater
current ROM: ESD56
Version: 5(0.0.5)

peterjariel

Reaction score
A
why do people keep saying go to settings, applications, manage applications, maps then uninstall or uninstall updates? There is no such option that i have. All i have is clear data and force stop

One of the developers posted that, your right though, there isn't an option on the droid.

Thanks R1Lover! I'm on my way now. Cross yer fingers.

glad to help :)

If you just did it with version 2.0.3, there is an issue with it, I would wait until it is addressed or they revert the updater back to 2.0.2

I just whent into the smupdater and downloaded the 2.0.2 and it works great no problems what so ever! This is awesome I just don't know what to put in all this pages!! Lol I bearly had inof for the 3 pages I had before.

lol yes 2.0.2 worked great for me also, but there was a bug on maps not letting third party apps access it, which has been fixed in 2.0.3, but it does require you to wipe the data on install in order to work correctly.

"Wipe data" what does that really mean. Does it erase every thing on ur phone like contacts, apps,pic, ect......

R1Lover

Reaction score
A
why do people keep saying go to settings, applications, manage applications, maps then uninstall or uninstall updates? There is no such option that i have. All i have is clear data and force stop

One of the developers posted that, your right though, there isn't an option on the droid.

glad to help :)

I just whent into the smupdater and downloaded the 2.0.2 and it works great no problems what so ever! This is awesome I just don't know what to put in all this pages!! Lol I bearly had inof for the 3 pages I had before.

lol yes 2.0.2 worked great for me also, but there was a bug on maps not letting third party apps access it, which has been fixed in 2.0.3, but it does require you to wipe the data on install in order to work correctly.

"Wipe data" what does that really mean. Does it erase every thing on ur phone like contacts, apps,pic, ect......

It means you will wipe the data from the phone, you will need to put your gmail address back in and re install the apps you had and set them up.

they just put 2.0.3 back up, I'm not sure if they have fixed it or not on the FC without clearing old data though. we will have to wait for someone to try it out and see.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Hmm..

I am stuck on step 8. I selected flash recovery image and it just sits there with a these strange programming language. :icon_eek:

kbayer

Reaction score
I selected and successfully completed 2.0.2 (did not do 2.0.3 after reading that there may be a problem.) Everything worked beautifully, except maps, which forced closed over and over.) Came back to this thread and saw the possibility that 2.0.3 may be ok, so at this moment trying that...

kbayer

Reaction score
Does your navigation work? That's where it force closes, otherwise, seems normal in all other map functions...

kbayer

Reaction score
Ok, went to 2.0.3 and "wiped data" as per R1Lover's instructions and so far, all seems well!
I had to go to the marketplace and install (update) maps, which then prompted me to install the text to voice (free), and it all did the rest by itself. Yee-hah!
:yeahbaby01:
Camera SEEMS to work better...
Thanks R1Lover!!
Thanks HACKU!
Thanks SHOLES wizards!

Last edited:

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I hope I don't semm a little impatient, but I'm going to post or start another thread. Thanks for your help anyway. :icon_ banana: