SholesMod Updater 2.0.1 Step by Step (Sticky?)

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Getting slow home screen and app tray performance. Also got a couple force close on Launcher. Do I need to overclock above 800Mhz? Is there something else making it not as smooth as stock home navigation?

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Aaaaand just got another force close on app launcher. What the?

EDIT: Since posting this I got like 4-5 force close

Last edited:

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Ok I think I narrowed the problem down and able to reproduce it. If I choose one of the new backgrounds that came with the ROM and move in and out of app launcher, home screens and settings then it happens somewhat random but often. If I choose a stock background or one that I downloaded from Zedge, the system performance increases and force close seems to go away. Is this a known bug?

Plato2k5

Reaction score
I'm running a wallpaper that came with the rom.... its the landscape of the golden gate bridge. I have had ZERO issues and have been using it since 9p.m. last night. I have it overclocked to 800Mhz.

cisco0910

Reaction score
what app drawer everybody got? I got the new sholes 2.0.2 but still the old one..I never saw it as an option to choose during the install. Or did i miss it?

Plato2k5

Reaction score
what app drawer everybody got? I got the new sholes 2.0.2 but still the old one..I never saw it as an option to choose during the install. Or did i miss it?

I have both the new one and the older one. I just set the "Launcher" as the default.

cisco0910

Reaction score

I have both the new one and the older one. I just set the "Launcher" as the default.
How'd you set "launcher" as default? Do you mean the Launcher+ app that gives 7 home screens?

edit. i got it, i figured it out...I thought there was a new fancy 3d app drawer. I think that's with the new ota2.1 release when it comes out along with the live wallpapers. Oh well, i don't want it that bad.

Last edited:
Reaction score
SholesMod Updater stuck!

Running SholesMod Updater. It is stuck on a black screen saying:
java.io.IOException: Couldn't open http:downloads.sholes.info/smupdater.xml followed buy an entire screen of similar writing.

I have restarted the phone and tried to restart the updater several times, but it keeps saying this.