SholesMod Updater 2.0.1 Step by Step (Sticky?)

petemac85

Reaction score
i installed everything exact but i do not have the gallery.. help?

actually, i dont have gallery and i picked music player 2.1 and its the same as the old one.. the keyboard isnt multi touch.. can i reinstall everything?

edit - i just reinstalled it and it asked me again if i wat to wipe it.. should i since i have it installed already once?

Last edited:

peterjariel

Reaction score
Ok can some one help me? I'm running sholes 2.0.3 and 800mhz every time I'm in my home screen and I open my keyboard and close it my phone freezes I have to hit the power key twice and my screen comes back any one knows why this is happening?

Plato2k5

Reaction score
For those who are having FC issues:

I'm having no issues of any sorts, everything works, no FC, the new launcher home screen works flawlessly. I'm also overclocked to 800 Mhz.

I did a complete data, system, cache wipe via ADB SHELL. Perhaps this is what you all need to do?

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in here. Just telling you all what I did and it seems to work.

cisco0910

Reaction score
Ok can some one help me? I'm running sholes 2.0.3 and 800mhz every time I'm in my home screen and I open my keyboard and close it my phone freezes I have to hit the power key twice and my screen comes back any one knows why this is happening?
rerun the Sholes app and download the old 2.0.2 and reflash it. that's what i did this morning after i updated to the 2.0.3 and come to find out it wasn't "ready" to be released yet.

cisco0910

Reaction score
Side note, my wifi tether use to work but it isn't anymore. It was working nice then stopped working even before i upgraded it to 2.0.3 last night. I see on my laptop my wifi tether but when i click to connect it won't. Anybody got any suggestins?

joker402

Reaction score
I cant seem to watch videos from the browser anymore. Everytime I try to watch one it tries to download it instead of play it. It not a big deal but its still not cool that it is doing that.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Off to a bad start

Hi all! It's about time I stop being a troll and be active. I must say this site has been really great. So, thanks to everybody for that.

I goofed at the marketplace and now can't download sholesmod updater, but it shows purchased. I know that I can download at the website but do not know where to find the file on my phone. Not a total noob to computers but hacking phones is new. :eek:

joker402

Reaction score
Well i went back to stock and because I cant use the Car Navigation or watch any Videos on JetFlix. Loved 800mhz and multi pintch but ima wait till its updated more before I try it again.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Well i went back to stock and because I cant use the Car Navigation or watch any Videos on JetFlix. Loved 800mhz and multi pintch but ima wait till its updated more before I try it again.

why can't you use car navigation? I use it everyday....

p.s. It's an option when installing, make sure you read what you are clicking on when installing it. :)

joker402

Reaction score
I didnt see it but the jetflix issue also bugged me I watch TV when im not busy at work and not being able to do that sucked.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Hi all! It's about time I stop being a troll and be active. I must say this site has been really great. So, thanks to everybody for that.

I goofed at the marketplace and now can't download sholesmod updater, but it shows purchased. I know that I can download at the website but do not know where to find the file on my phone. Not a total noob to computers but hacking phones is new. :eek:

just go into your app manager, remove it, then go back to the market, click menu, then downloads, it will show you have bought it and re-download and install it.

cisco0910

Reaction score
why do people keep saying go to settings, applications, manage applications, maps then uninstall or uninstall updates? There is no such option that i have. All i have is clear data and force stop

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Thanks R1Lover! I'm on my way now. Cross yer fingers.

peterjariel

Reaction score
If you just did it with version 2.0.3, there is an issue with it, I would wait until it is addressed or they revert the updater back to 2.0.2

I just whent into the smupdater and downloaded the 2.0.2 and it works great no problems what so ever! This is awesome I just don't know what to put in all this pages!! Lol I bearly had inof for the 3 pages I had before.

R1Lover

Reaction score
why do people keep saying go to settings, applications, manage applications, maps then uninstall or uninstall updates? There is no such option that i have. All i have is clear data and force stop

One of the developers posted that, your right though, there isn't an option on the droid.

Thanks R1Lover! I'm on my way now. Cross yer fingers.

glad to help :)

If you just did it with version 2.0.3, there is an issue with it, I would wait until it is addressed or they revert the updater back to 2.0.2

I just whent into the smupdater and downloaded the 2.0.2 and it works great no problems what so ever! This is awesome I just don't know what to put in all this pages!! Lol I bearly had inof for the 3 pages I had before.

lol yes 2.0.2 worked great for me also, but there was a bug on maps not letting third party apps access it, which has been fixed in 2.0.3, but it does require you to wipe the data on install in order to work correctly.