Shattered screen.

stephen2424

Reaction score
Anyone know of an easy way to replace the screen? I was looking online and saw some sites selling digitizers with tools and all, would that be the right thing to use? Also, if I were to pay the $50 something dollars for a refurbished replacement, how would I transfer all my downloaded games etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Anyone know of an easy way to replace the screen? I was looking online and saw some sites selling digitizers with tools and all, would that be the right thing to use? Also, if I were to pay the $50 something dollars for a refurbished replacement, how would I transfer all my downloaded games etc.

If you can get then to give you a refurbished phone for $50 I'd do that in a heartbeat. The screen is available but it's over $100, and that doesn't include installation. EDIT (Thanks SallyC for watching my back!!): As for transferring data and apps, you'll have to reinstall the apps from the market. Data can be backed up to the SD card with apps available in the market as well.

Last edited:

SallyC

Reaction score
You can re-download your applications from the Market. If you don't mind paying a few bucks, MyBackup Pro will backup your phone data to an external card for easy restoration.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You can re-download your applications from the Market. If you don't mind paying a few bucks, MyBackup Pro will backup your phone data to an external card for easy restoration.

My earlier post got WAY screwed up so it looked like part of my reply to his post was actually part of his post. That's what I get for trying to edit the post on the phone...:blink: Thanks for catching that one.

OP
S

stephen2424

Reaction score
Well, apparently the few extra bucks I pay each month doesn't cover any physical damage. And is now void because of said physical damage. Stupid Verizon. Looks like I'll have to find a place that repairs screens or attempt it myself. If only Verizon had the customer service apple has. I once brought in an iPod and said "It stopped working" and boom, the guy just took it and handed me a brand new one.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Well, apparently the few extra bucks I pay each month doesn't cover any physical damage. And is now void because of said physical damage. Stupid Verizon. Looks like I'll have to find a place that repairs screens or attempt it myself. If only Verizon had the customer service apple has. I once brought in an iPod and said "It stopped working" and boom, the guy just took it and handed me a brand new one.

They should replace it if you bought the insurance. Try your luck at another store; they can be a bit picky...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
They should replace it if you bought the insurance. Try your luck at another store; they can be a bit picky...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

+1

Also, if the store will not comply dial 1-800-922-0204 (same as *611 on the phone) and talk to technical support. They WILL replace the phone if you have the warranty insurance.

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Well, apparently the few extra bucks I pay each month doesn't cover any physical damage. And is now void because of said physical damage. Stupid Verizon. Looks like I'll have to find a place that repairs screens or attempt it myself. If only Verizon had the customer service apple has. I once brought in an iPod and said "It stopped working" and boom, the guy just took it and handed me a brand new one.Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
It's no fun at all to have a shattered screen. From what I can gather, it appears you may not have the Total Equipment Coverage which covers loss, theft and physical damage. It will also give you 1 extra year on the standard 1 manufacturer warranty.
Instead, it sounds like you may have Wireless Protection Plan (WPP) which covers manufacturers defects only.

Here is additional information on the Equipment Protection Program
http://support.verizonwireless.com/...ptional Services/faq_equipment_insurance.html

I hope this information sheds some more light on how the different insurance protection plans work.

Tamara H.
Verizon Support Team

Last edited:

MaXGTS

Reaction score
Everyone should have Squaretrade for their phone. Forget Verizon's Asurion insurance. It's utter garbage. All they do is send you a very used phone to replace your broken one. Squaretrade transfers the total value of the phone into your Paypal account once you send your phone to them. Then you can go down to the Verizon store and buy another brand new phone.