Shattered screen

smrivera80

Reaction score
Fruitbowlk, I'm sorry to hear your screen is broken; I hope you can get a replacement soon.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I too would LOVE to see pics of that, though! How did you do it??

shmoo

Reaction score
I thought you could buy a replacement screen somewhere. Huh...must be halucinating again.

OP
fruitbowlk

fruitbowlk

Reaction score
I didn't even pay 289 for the one I have.

I dropped my phone in a parking lot. (cement)

noorigin

Reaction score
imop,.. the "insurance" is a total scam. 90$ deductable plus 6$ a month. nuts! FYI the phone has a 1 year warranty from motorola, screen included. now a cracked or broken screen is NOT part of the warranty BUT since the phone itself is under warranty, motorola will repair damn near anything for .....$75 flate rate. 15 less than the insurance deduct and no monthly payment. i just sent my busted up droid with demolished screen to motorola yesterday. hope to have it back in a week or two. only $75 to fix it.

JCo352

Reaction score
imop,.. the "insurance" is a total scam. 90$ deductable plus 6$ a month. nuts! FYI the phone has a 1 year warranty from motorola, screen included. now a cracked or broken screen is NOT part of the warranty BUT since the phone itself is under warranty, motorola will repair damn near anything for .....$75 flate rate. 15 less than the insurance deduct and no monthly payment. i just sent my busted up droid with demolished screen to motorola yesterday. hope to have it back in a week or two. only $75 to fix it.

What if you lose your phone? That $6/month and $90 deductible won't sound too bad then.

noorigin

Reaction score
point taken. but there are apps out there to locate your phone for that exact purpose (if u were to install one). at least you have decent odds to get it back.

ill also add the insurance route is way more convenient. just walk into VZW with busted phone, walk out of VZW with shiny new phone.

JCo352

Reaction score
point taken. but there are apps out there to locate your phone for that exact purpose (if u were to install one). at least you have decent odds to get it back.

ill also add the insurance route is way more convenient. just walk into VZW with busted phone, walk out of VZW with shiny new phone.

Yes there are apps for that, if it is lost, you might get it back, if stolen, it is not likely. I didn't get Asurion insurance, I got Geek Squad insurance at Best Buy, it's $10/month, but there is no deductible. And it also gives me one free battery replacement. I hope I never have to use it though, I just like the peace of mind.