Screen Shatter

MoMo662

Reaction score
Hi ya'll - I want to upgrade to a DNA or S4 and I have been reading a lot about screen shatter - mostly due to temp changes, as well as dropping.
Does anyone have any input on the fact that these larger screen phones are more pron to breaking? I currently have an HTC Incredible and I have dropped it with and without a case and never had a screen shatter on me.

Just curious what you all think about larger screens?? ----- Thanks

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think this sort of thing really depends on what part of the world you're in. If you live in a place where it can get below zero for a season then it may be an issue for ANY phone. If anything, phones today are built far better than they used to be and should be able to function normally as long as the phone maintains a normal temperature.

xtor

Reaction score
Hi ya'll - I want to upgrade to a DNA or S4 and I have been reading a lot about screen shatter - mostly due to temp changes, as well as dropping.
Does anyone have any input on the fact that these larger screen phones are more pron to breaking? I currently have an HTC Incredible and I have dropped it with and without a case and never had a screen shatter on me.

Just curious what you all think about larger screens?? ----- Thanks

You need to remember people never post that they dropped their phone and it didn't break, all you read about is the very small number that has dropped and broke a phone, and that is a very small number.

sent from note 2

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You need to remember people never post that they dropped their phone and it didn't break, all you read about is the very small number that has dropped and broke a phone, and that is a very small number.

sent from note 2

100% right on. Can tell you how badly my S3 gets treated, (only by accident) and never a shatter or a scratch. It also spends a lot of time in my van when I'm not in it, in the heat, no problem.