Shattered screen

azules9780

Reaction score
So I dropped my phone today and shattered my screen on it. I have insurance on it so I am wondering what my options are. I love my phone and have seen no real reason to upgrade or change because in truth, the X, Inc and 2 weren't any better than mine after rooting, overclocking etc. I was planning to go buy a new phone when the dual core 4g phones came out. Unfortunately, it looks like I may be forced into buying something that I really don't want and purchasing another phone in a few months when dual core and 4g come out.

So here are the questions. My phone still works kind of even though you have to be extremely careful when opening it because a shard of glass stuck in finger once already on a call I HAD to take. Can I take it to Verizon and have pay the insurance fee and get another phone on the same contract I have? And then in 3-6 months upgrade to the phone I really want? OR am I stuck buying a brand new phone because I dropped the freaking thing?

In all seriousness, I think that I could put a screen protector on it and it work for the most part for a short period of time. But I think this would be nothing but a massive band-aid on an already inevitable result.

Any ideas, words of advice, etc. would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
An insurance replacement doesn't count as an upgrade although it will cost you somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 to 100 dollars iirc. So you could just pay for your insurance replacement and then use your upgrade when it becomes available.

tappin and a talkin

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
So tomorrow I'm supposed to receive a refurbed Droid 1. We shall see. As long as everything works, I could care less if it is refurbished.

Does anyone know if they will be able to transfer everything from this phone to the new one with the custom rom on it? Sine the screen is shot, will they be able to tell that it is customized?