Shattered Screen

kevins686

Reaction score
So I dropped my Thunderbolt Friday night getting out of the car, and the screen is now shattered. Fortunately, it's being held in place by my screen protector, so I've still got a working phone.

Anyway, I've got the Asurion protection plan, so I guess I'm covered fr a replacement. I've heard that the deductible is $50, and that Asurion sends you a refurbished phone. I've also seem to recall that some people here were able to finagle themselves a new replacement phone. If so, how does one go about that? Also, would any problems with an Asurion replacement phone have to be resolved through Asurion, or would I still be able to go to my local Verizon store?

johnd09

Reaction score
I think the deductible is 99 dollars. I think you call assurion and ask for a new phone and they will mark your account to give a new phone if available.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cloudman7

Reaction score
Same thing happen to my phone its 100 bucks but they send you a new phone not a refurbished and you go threw the insurance not Verizon and you have to file the clam online you can call but they will tell you to finish it on line.

Reaction score
That sucks. I've had a couple of drops to hard floors or pavement from 2 or 3 feet but so far my Casemate Pop! case has protected it from injury.

TheRockSays

Reaction score
I have a thunderbolt and incredible. No problems with either until I dropped my incredible on the pavement and resulting in a spiderweb cracked screen.

I just got a refurbished incredible yesterday with a $99 deductible and insurance claim (the only reason I didn't buy a new phone is I'm saving my upgrade for the vigor) So far no issues. I'll keep you posted.

However, my co-worker got a incredible 2 two weeks ago with her insurance claim and $50 deductible after experiencing overheating issues and reboots and battery problems with her original incredible.

Not sure why that is, but I'm pissed and dropping my coverage after this experience!

HowBoutThatTide

Reaction score
I have Asurion. Just call them, explain what happened. Also, it IS $50 the first time. After that, it's $100, then $150. And my replacement was a new unit,.it just depends on their current inventory.

bassJAM

Reaction score
I got a new unit after I cracked my screen. I'm pretty sure I paid $100 though for the deductible. Dumb phones were always $50, this phone is $100.

OP
kevins686

kevins686

Reaction score
I put my claim in to Asurion yesterday. I did it online, because when I called, I got a recording telling me I'd be waiting a long time for the next available associate. It cost me a $100, and the phoe should be here today. In the secion where they ask you to describe what's wrong with the phone, after I described the issue, I put in a little blurb saying I'd like a new phone rather than a refurbished one. We'll see, I guess.