SGIII issues

jerroedr

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help. I got a hold of an sg3, and I cant get it to send picture messages, it says that the file is too large, then compressing then the file size isnt supported. No pic messages? Lame
Also yahoo mail isnt syncing deleted and read messages?
Anyone know what gives?

Droid101

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help. I got a hold of an sg3, and I cant get it to send picture messages, it says that the file is too large, then compressing then the file size isnt supported. No pic messages? Lame
Also yahoo mail isnt syncing deleted and read messages?
Anyone know what gives?

I too am having an issue with the yahoo one still haven't figured out whats wrong but on my razr or even nexus I didn't have that issue so Im think Samsung just made a terrible email app.

As for the picture message issue the phone should compress the image to make it smaller and then send it. Now are you trying to send more than one pic? If so then thats an easy fix you just can only send one at a time

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
I too am having an issue with the yahoo one still haven't figured out whats wrong but on my razr or even nexus I didn't have that issue so Im think Samsung just made a terrible email app.

As for the picture message issue the phone should compress the image to make it smaller and then send it. Now are you trying to send more than one pic? If so then thats an easy fix you just can only send one at a time
Yahoo mail app works...
Only sending one pic, and it compresses then says it doesnt support the file type. The sd card went right from the fascinate into the SG3...wonder if that has anything to do with it. It shouldnt...

Reaction score
my picture messages send fine, maybe its the sd, i did a reformat on mine right when I put it in the phone.

drpaul07

Reaction score
its being odd... sometimes they send sometimes they dont convert...

Having the same issue with pictures not attaching...it says its compressing, then it says file not supported...its pretty annoying (otherwise the phone is great)..i downloaded the texting app Handcent, and pictures WILL attach through that app...but still i'd like to get it working through the stock messaging app. I'm only trying to attach one pic at a time...also...if you click the 'attach' button in the messaging app, and then choose the 'Take a Picture' option, the picture you take WILL attach..but if you choose the 'Pictures' option to then pick one from the gallery, it WILL NOT attach, saying it is compressing, then saying file is not supported...anyone else have any ideas as to why that is?? Thanks!

Edit: whoa, need to update my tag too lol

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
Having the same issue with pictures not attaching...it says its compressing, then it says file not supported...its pretty annoying (otherwise the phone is great)..i downloaded the texting app Handcent, and pictures WILL attach through that app...but still i'd like to get it working through the stock messaging app. I'm only trying to attach one pic at a time...also...if you click the 'attach' button in the messaging app, and then choose the 'Take a Picture' option, the picture you take WILL attach..but if you choose the 'Pictures' option to then pick one from the gallery, it WILL NOT attach, saying it is compressing, then saying file is not supported...anyone else have any ideas as to why that is?? Thanks!

Edit: whoa, need to update my tag too lol

see even pics taken wouldnt send all the time. its so spotty its going to be hard to figure out wtf is up. You would have figured all the kinks were worked out before a release FINALLY since this thing has been sold worldwide

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is a few things I found that are taking away from the phone, after watching a movie "on HBO GO" for a while "this does not happen on my Rezound" the screen starts doing the flare effect "sparkles all over the screen", the screens max brightness is also a joke, and I can't seem to be able to find the color "warm, cold, movie , standard" adjustments like I have seen on some of the videos, or is that only in the European version, same goes fro the game hub, again nada. From someone coming from the Rezound this is disappointing. Love the keyboard though, and the battery is also pretty good, considering I have it at max brightness. Plus the widgets are no we where near what HTC offers.

Beka27

Reaction score
I took a pic the other day and tried several times to send it via Go SMS. Just tried again now, and it sent after about 20 seconds.

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
I took a pic the other day and tried several times to send it via Go SMS. Just tried again now, and it sent after about 20 seconds.
Why are they selling a bunk product again!?!?

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Here is a few things I found that are taking away from the phone, after watching a movie "on HBO GO" for a while "this does not happen on my Rezound" the screen starts doing the flare effect "sparkles all over the screen", the screens max brightness is also a joke, and I can't seem to be able to find the color "warm, cold, movie , standard" adjustments like I have seen on some of the videos, or is that only in the European version, same goes fro the game hub, again nada. From someone coming from the Rezound this is disappointing. Love the keyboard though, and the battery is also pretty good, considering I have it at max brightness. Plus the widgets are no we where near what HTC offers.

You are freaking me out man. I too am coming from a Rezound. Spectacular phone in every aspect. So is this phone not as bright as the Rezound? I thought SuperAmoled stuff was super bright. How is the speaker? Is it as loud or louder than the Rezound?
I knew i was going to miss the Sense Widgets. I already plan to put either golauncher, or Nova on it. I hear nothing good about TouchWiz.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rageboardr said:
You are freaking me out man. I too am coming from a Rezound. Spectacular phone in every aspect. So is this phone not as bright as the Rezound? I thought SuperAmoled stuff was super bright. How is the speaker? Is it as loud or louder than the Rezound?
I knew i was going to miss the Sense Widgets. I already plan to put either golauncher, or Nova on it. I hear nothing good about TouchWiz.

TouchWiz is good, no complaints, keyboard is much smoother on this than HTC, but the brightness is not in the same ballpark as in my Rezound, also when you hold them next to each other you can see the whites on the Rezound are WHITE, on amoled it's more of a dirty white, same as my previous HTC Incredible, which my nephew now uses, and really likes it, that phone is 3 years old and still kicks ass. Now that's the only downside of the S3 is the screen, besides that the phone flies, web browser is fast, but you constantly have to set the brightness in the browser once you open it if it has been closed to long, the auto brightness settings in the phone should not even exist, it is a joke. The S3 is super smooth and flies through anything, screen is very smooth and this new thin Gorilla Glass 2 is very responsive "got a clarivue screen protector but have not installed it yet", phone is very light and battery is great for such a big screen phone with LTE, puts the HTC phones to shame in the battery department, I think Sense on HTC is a real battery hog.

drpaul07

Reaction score
see even pics taken wouldnt send all the time. its so spotty its going to be hard to figure out wtf is up. You would have figured all the kinks were worked out before a release FINALLY since this thing has been sold worldwide

So I just rebooted my S3, and now I am able to attach pictures through the stock messaging app. I'm surprised that's all it took. Have you tried just rebooting the phone? If that doesn't fix it, you can always try downloading Handcent, as I was able to attach the pictures using that app. Hope you figure out the problem.

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
So I just rebooted my S3, and now I am able to attach pictures through the stock messaging app. I'm surprised that's all it took. Have you tried just rebooting the phone? If that doesn't fix it, you can always try downloading Handcent, as I was able to attach the pictures using that app. Hope you figure out the problem.
thats what got it halfway working

drpaul07

Reaction score
Some of my friends with S3's still can't send or receive picture messages :/ Anyone figure out what the deal is?