SGIII issues

frank_drebin1

Reaction score
Coming from a Motorola X, I've had my 16GB GSIII for 3 days now. Absolutely love the phone so far. I've had just as good battery life as my X. I have not experienced any radio issues. I am personally getting better reception than I did with my Motorola X - no dropped calls, strong reception, and no delay with receiving messages.

I did experience some issues on the first day with downloading the same apps I had on my old X. Clearing the cache and data followed with a reboot fixed that. No other issues to report since.

Compared to my fathers Razr Maxx, the GSIII is getting just as good reception. I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the reception and dropping data. Anyone ever think it may just be Verizon? Wifi fixes that problem.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
For me my it is just my lte radio.. my phone and 3g reception are fine.... coming from a Droid x ..you would have no way to compare the lte radio. Also the s3 is a rocket next to the x....the razr is as fast in most areas as the s3....except in the browser speed the s3 is amazingly fast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
my radio issuez persist going to fly to another section of the country and see if it is just because I live in the third world section of the country where verizon hasnt spent a dime in over a decade also yes stock autocorrect is atrocious and seems to fail to learn new words

Reaction score
im not sure if my sd card is just old or if the phone fried it but all the sudden while listening to music on the sd card (16gb) it kept saying unable to play song invalid format or something like that as it went through every song on my sd card playing each for about 5 seconds. Than i plugged my phone into the computer to check to see if the songs needed to be converted and i couldnt even get into the sd card to look. I tried reformating and that failed too.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
im not sure if my sd card is just old or if the phone fried it but all the sudden while listening to music on the sd card (16gb) it kept saying unable to play song invalid format or something like that as it went through every song on my sd card playing each for about 5 seconds. Than i plugged my phone into the computer to check to see if the songs needed to be converted and i couldnt even get into the sd card to look. I tried reformating and that failed too.

That's no good. How old is your card? Did this card come from another phone? Please keep us apprised of the situation, as i plan to take the card from my Rezound and put it in my S3, and would like to avoid a situation like this?

Droid101

Reaction score

Just an FYI you cannot plug in the S3 to see the SD card. The S3 doesn't support mass storage mode or anything like that. More than likely your card isn't fried it just may need to be reformatted again. But it sounds like it is probably a corrupted file on the card

Reaction score
The card was originally for my 2 year old droid x, right when i put it in my S3 i did a reformat so i wouldnt get any errors like this. When its plugged into the phone it just says Blank Disc and can not format or mount or do anything. When i used to plug the phone into the computer it gave an option for phone and an option for card, now it only gives an option for phone. So I tried turning the phone off taking the microsd out and putting the microsd into my computer via card reader. When i go to open it I get a message saying Please insert a disk into Removable Disk. Ive tried every re-format program i could find and ive tried every recovery tool i could find but nothing worked. So i just ended up ordering a 32 gb Sandisk because I figured the card is just toast.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pit the as card in, boot phone, now go to storage in settings, choose unmount as card, the remount, that should do the trick.

Reaction score
Pit the as card in, boot phone, now go to storage in settings, choose unmount as card, the remount, that should do the trick.
It only gives me an option to mount sd card so i hit it, than in the notification bar it says Preparing sd card, and finally it says Blank SD Card.

Reaction score
Strange thing is, it shows up in File Manager

ForumRunner_20120716_120348.png

frank_drebin1

Reaction score
The auto-correct is hideous.

I did experience some issues trying to send some pictures via text yesterday. I'm not sure if it was a Verizon problem, or the antenna. I had ~2 bars of 4g and it just refused to send the message. Tried again later to send another picture and it sent it right away.

I've been very happy with the battery life of the stock battery though.

Ceetar

Reaction score
My battery life hasn't been great, but I guess I use it a bunch. (messing with live wallpaper as well) about the same as with the Fascinate really.

The messaging though..getting that same file not supported error. (and why oh why doesn't Android seem to support .wav? And why does Verizon (Fios) then email me my voicemails in .wav files. easy fix, but still) I'm using the SD card from the Fascinate, because it was a nice and seamless transition and kept my pictures and what not. I don't really want to reformat it.

Auto-correct doesn't seem great for me either, Also if you swipe slightly off the keyboard (yay fat fingers!) it thinks you don't want to enter a word and stops. bah.

dshudson

Reaction score
My battery life hasn't been great, but I guess I use it a bunch. (messing with live wallpaper as well) about the same as with the Fascinate really.

The messaging though..getting that same file not supported error. (and why oh why doesn't Android seem to support .wav? And why does Verizon (Fios) then email me my voicemails in .wav files. easy fix, but still) I'm using the SD card from the Fascinate, because it was a nice and seamless transition and kept my pictures and what not. I don't really want to reformat it.

Auto-correct doesn't seem great for me either, Also if you swipe slightly off the keyboard (yay fat fingers!) it thinks you don't want to enter a word and stops. bah.
I have the same issue, I try and send a mms, just a picture, and I get file not supported. I have to reboot then I can send, but only a few. Its definitely a glitch.

HomePC

Reaction score
I have had SD Card issues. There is another thread on SD Card issues.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-s3-general-discussion/218649-sd-card-not-recognized-s3.html

Here's a copy of what I posted over there:

S3 keeps Mounting and Unmounting

Maybe this should be a separate thread, but there aren't too many out there regarding the external SD Card.

I too, have SD Card issues. My 16GB card wasn't recognized by the S3; it told me to insert a card. I tried pulling the card, reformatting it on a Windows PC using the exFAT file system. The card still was not recognized by the S3. I finally deleted all partitions on the card, using the Windows PC, and the S3 still would not recognize it.

Finally, I re-enabled several bloatware apps that I had disabled by the App Manager. That seemed to fix the problem. I was able to mount and format the card with the S3. I'm guessing some app is working very closely with the driver for that SD Card slot. On a related note, I had "Advanced Task Killer" installed and set to run every hour with a kill level of "SAFE" and a security level of "LOW". My card would periodically unmount. I'm guessing the ATK killed some important process. I have since, reconfigured ATK to not run at all. It is still installed though.

BUT!!!!,,, since then, my card has unmounted twice but I manage to get it remounted...... Once the S3 said the card was damaged. I won't store any info on it until things settle down. I have an 8GB card laying around, I may give that a shot to see how it reacts.

Tkelch

Reaction score
I have the SGIII, and love it. I recently bought an EZOPower Sync Transfer USB Dual Dock Cradle Desktop Charger, which stated it was for this model of phone. Issue is, when I dock, the home screen still shuts off... It won't go to the dock home screen. The phone does work fine with my car docking station, though. I have verified that the settings are right on the phone to enable the home screen in dock mode. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I bought this so that I could dock my phone on my desk and still see my phone...

Thanks!
TK