Message Access Profile???

JRParsons

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the SG3 supports the MAP bluetooth profile. I have a Ford with the sync system and the rom I'm running on my Thunderbolt supports it, meaning regardless of which source I'm using on the head unit, if I get a text, the message indicator appears on the cars screen and I can tell it to read the text to me and reply without picking up my phone.
I have searched everywhere and the only thing I can find is that it has BT 4.0.

9Zambezi

Reaction score
I'm going to venture a guess and say no. I am unable to do this with my s3 and the sync system in my Focus. In the text message options, all I get is 'unsupported'. Kind of a bummer. For now, I'm putting type phone in driving mode and having it dictate my texts. It will play over the sound system if I'm in Bluetooth audio mode...

OP
JRParsons

JRParsons

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I finally have the phone and have synced it with my truck. I got a "allow MAP access" message on the phone when I hooked it up. Unfortunately I recently had open heart surgery and will not be allowed to drive for a few more weeks so although I have synced the phone, I have spent very little time in my truck so I have yet to receive a text while synced.
I'll update when I get a text while driving.

9Zambezi

Reaction score
Hmm I never received that. Do you know what version of Sync you have? When I go into the Bluetooth options on my phone for Sync I only have "Call Audio" and "Media Audio" in the profiles section. I think my next step will be deleting the Sync Bluetooth device from my phone and resetting Sync and then starting from scratch. It's been pretty problematic since I added my S3 anyway...

OP
JRParsons

JRParsons

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what version I have. If it helps I have a 2012 f150 with the Sony navigation. /sync. I picked it up in October and have not installed any updates. While parked (I still can't drive) I was able to choose "compose" and there were about 15 phrases in could insert. I stopped at sending because I was just testing. Do you know if your version of sync supports MAP. (has it worked with other phones) if so, I would try deleting and repairing the device. (you've probably already done that)