Several issues I could use some help with...

liimegreeen

Reaction score
Hi, I just got the Motorola Droid yesterday and so far I like it, but I'm encountering so many issues that concern me. Here's a small list of them...maybe some of you can offer insight. Thanks in advance! :heart:

- I can't seem to figure out how to take a photo with my Droid that will show up decently as a wallpaper. I'm aware that the image must spread to the other scrollable screens, but it seems like any photo you take of a person, pet, etc. is going to be cut off awkwardly. This is driving me nuts since I like having a picture of my dog as my wallpaper!

- When I try to scroll from screen to screen, Apps will sometimes open up since I brushed my finger over them.

- I would love a pop-up to inform me of missed calls like normal phones have. I managed to find an App to do this for texts, but I can't seem to find one for calls.

- My Facebook App doesn't show my most recent notifications...Just ones from like, yesterday.

viperboy

Reaction score
Hi, I just got the Motorola Droid yesterday and so far I like it, but I'm encountering so many issues that concern me. Here's a small list of them...maybe some of you can offer insight. Thanks in advance! :heart:

- I can't seem to figure out how to take a photo with my Droid that will show up decently as a wallpaper. I'm aware that the image must spread to the other scrollable screens, but it seems like any photo you take of a person, pet, etc. is going to be cut off awkwardly. This is driving me nuts since I like having a picture of my dog as my wallpaper!

- When I try to scroll from screen to screen, Apps will sometimes open up since I brushed my finger over them.

- I would love a pop-up to inform me of missed calls like normal phones have. I managed to find an App to do this for texts, but I can't seem to find one for calls.

- My Facebook App doesn't show my most recent notifications...Just ones from like, yesterday.

1. It's a little odd how the phone blows up the wallpaper. What seems to work best for me is taking a picture a little farther away and when you go to set it, make the selection bigger by grabbing a line of the square and dragging it out. That should help.

2. Try to slide your finger a little faster and press with a constant pressure.

3. Haven't seen one for calls either. You are probably referring to SMS Popup. Great app! But only does SMS. It would be cool to see them make it like "Notification Popup" for e-mails and calls. Maybe in the future? Send the developer an email asking if that is a possibility?

4. That is a Facebook problem. Mine is the same way and until they can fix that, unfortunately, that is the way it is.

JayMonster

Reaction score
1. Remember this isn't a resistive screen, it takes almost no pressure to swipe screens... so don't hold your finger in one place and you won't launch the apps (or keep more in the drawer and leave a little more "white space" on your screen in which to swipe.

2. This is actually funny in a way considering that one of the Droid's selling points is the notification area and how you can continue to work uninterrupted. Apps that pop up like that are actually counter to that idea, though I guess I can see why somebody would want it. Personally, I am used to just looking at the notification area. When I am away from my phone I can see at a glance what has happened since I have been away from the phone before I even unlock it, so I don't feel the need to have something sitting there staring at me full screen as soon as I unlock the phone.

3. Unfortunately don't have any advice on the picture yet... will have to tinker some more first.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Take a picture, load it to your PC and use Microsoft Picture manager to resize it to proper DROID resolutions

THat is just practice. tr to really scroll from the edge off the screen to the other side with one smoot fast swipe...thats it!

I dont know how it is for calls, but for SMS there is a widget in the market called "SMS popup"

I know that from my twitter app and i just changed the app. But also i read that facebook is having huge troubles with their API, so maybe its getting better next weeks.

Tigger

OP
L

liimegreeen

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys. I guess I will have to mess around more to try and figure out the best way to take a pic that will be suitable for a wallpaper, though I sure wish it were more intuitive. I will try taking them from further away (thanks viberboy)! But I'm sure as heck not gonna go to the trouble to upload a photo to my Mac in order to resize it for my phone :blush:
I'm definitely going to email the SMS popup developer to see if they can do it for calls too. I like my notifications staring me in the face :biggrin: