Set CPU vs UD1 Stock Overclock

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i just switched to performance and do notice a difference. if the battery remains the same i'll probably keep it this way

JasonAsWell

Reaction score
My SetCPU is set up exactly like Skulls.

During a 12.5 hr workday, using interweb, texting, and a couple calls on breaks, my phone would be around 50-60%. Sometimes 40. That was UD8 w/ Chevy 1.2ulv. Now it's been no lower than 70%. I wish you could get the %'s in single digit increments.

MPTP

Reaction score
Just want to warn you guys.. setting the governor to performance just locks the CPU at the highest clock specified. It absolutely does NOT scale. You will notice better performance, but only because it is running at full throttle all the time that profile or setting is active.

Grab a kernel that supports the interactive governor and try that out. You'll like it.

JasonAsWell

Reaction score
As was said before, the profiles are what sets SetCPU apart from the included gov. from UD.

My phone was not running right before I added the kernel and SetCPU.

droidftw1

Reaction score
ive noticed when i use setcpu i have much worse battery life then when using ud settings. I run a chevy 1ghz ulv kernel

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
My SetCPU is set up exactly like Skulls.

During a 12.5 hr workday, using interweb, texting, and a couple calls on breaks, my phone would be around 50-60%. Sometimes 40. That was UD8 w/ Chevy 1.2ulv. Now it's been no lower than 70%. I wish you could get the %'s in single digit increments.

What are skulls exact settings? I searched the overclocking thread but couldnt find anything exact that says what he's using now

JasonAsWell

Reaction score
Somewhere later in the thread, he says the screen shots you see are his settings. I didn't like SetCPU before I read his thread. It did seem to drain the batt fast and ran very hot to the touch. After applying his settings, she's ran like a champ. First thing I do IF I try another ROM or what not.

Thanks for your hard work and research Skull.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Somewhere later in the thread, he says the screen shots you see are his settings. I didn't like SetCPU before I read his thread. It did seem to drain the batt fast and ran very hot to the touch. After applying his settings, she's ran like a champ. First thing I do IF I try another ROM or what not.

Thanks for your hard work and research Skull.

I agree. I've already known some of the basics of what he said but when I ran across his thread I was amazed at how little I did know and I'm grateful that someone like him could spend the time and write a damn good FAQ on SetCPU, and over/underclocking

Reaction score
I also use the 1200 slayer lv kernel with this rom and I use setcpu and seems to work a lot better....I would like to know what most people put the setting on...like ondemand performance etc...I use ondemand but is that the best for overall performance and battery life too?

With the slayher kernel, the best setting is interactive. Slayher gives a good rundown of his kernels, compcache, etc in a long post at cyanogenmod's forums...For more info, read there, but I've seen him advise others towards interactive. Hope that helps.

bodean

Reaction score
I also use the 1200 slayer lv kernel with this rom and I use setcpu and seems to work a lot better....I would like to know what most people put the setting on...like ondemand performance etc...I use ondemand but is that the best for overall performance and battery life too?

With the slayher kernel, the best setting is interactive. Slayher gives a good rundown of his kernels, compcache, etc in a long post at cyanogenmod's forums...For more info, read there, but I've seen him advise others towards interactive. Hope that helps.

Got a link?