Serious service issues! Please help

lju64

Reaction score
Usually I have full 3G at my house. The last few weeks I keep losing 3G then it will finally come back. Right now I watched go from 3G 5 bars, to 4 3 2 1 0 then back to 4. It keeps going up and down. Now it switched 4 blue bars, 5 1x white bars, blue 1x bars, white 3G,and back to full blue 3G. It is like my phone is cycling through every service option. What is going on????

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
1Try going into settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks, and switch it to CDMA. That may help.

2Are you running a battery saver app other than smart actions? If so see step 4

3Try reseating the sim. Power off the device, remove the sim CAREFULLY. Power back on. Power back off, replace the sim, power back on.

4Also you could try going into the play store, and downloading the moto restore connection app. Run this app see if it helps.
Hope this helps??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
L

lju64

Reaction score
The only thing that seems to be kind of working is switching to CDMA. It still goes from 3G with 5 bars to 4 3 2 1 0 then back up 1 2 3 4 5. It keeps repeating the process. I know with my previous Droid 2 sometimes I had problems with it switching itself to Global mode for no reason. Could this be related? Possible issue with the service where I am at?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
lju64 said:
The only thing that seems to be kind of working is switching to CDMA. It still goes from 3G with 5 bars to 4 3 2 1 0 then back up 1 2 3 4 5. It keeps repeating the process. I know with my previous Droid 2 sometimes I had problems with it switching itself to Global mode for no reason. Could this be related? Possible issue with the service where I am at?

It could be your service. Call big red and put in a trouble ticket for that. That's all I have for advice there. Hope this helps??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
L

lju64

Reaction score
I went ahead and got a new Sim card today...ended up being free anyway. So far everything is working alright.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
lju64 said:
I went ahead and got a new Sim card today...ended up being free anyway. So far everything is working alright.

Apparently i forgot to tell you it was free?? Sorry lol. Its the little details that kill ya. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

EDIT: getting the sim replaced was the next step. Glad you got it fixed...

OP
L

lju64

Reaction score
I had service all day until I reached my house. Then I started experiencing problems again. I realized that while I was at college, my mom had plugged back in a crappy cordless phone that used to disrupt our high speed internet at our house (which explains while our internet had been so slow while I've been home). I unplugged the cordless phone and now my phone works fine and our internet is back to normal. I don't know why the frequency of that phone messed with all the technology in our house, but it is now in the trash. PROBLEM SOLVED!

OP
L

lju64

Reaction score
So I waited about 3 hours after unplugging that damn cordless phone to see if it worked. The entire time my phone was fine. 10 minutes after posting on here it started acting up again. It is something in my house. Next time my brother is home I'm going to place his droid next to mine so I can see if his goes through the same cycle.